Tucson, AZ: Open Mah Jongg on Wednesdays (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.) For those who know how to play the game, open Mah Jongg is held every Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the MountainView Club House in the CACTUS ROOM. Remember, there is no sign-up— just drop in. We do not play for money and if you have a Mah Jongg set, please bring it. Come join in the fun and meet new people. Look forward to seeing you. If you have any questions, please call Seena at (520) 818-2218. https://saddlebagnotes.com/arts-and-leisure/mah-jongg-news/article_a7b8282e-ccbb-11ec-898f-b7ea9ae882e0.html
Where is my Mahjong Community? (Places to play)
MAHJONG COMMUNITY TIPS FOR FINDING MAHJONG GAMES:
These were events that were organized prior to COVID. Please confirm if they are still scheduled or are being postponed. Thank you!
- drop in
- newcomers or newcomers club
- the area you are looking for city, county, library, Temple, Church, community center
- Institute for Learning in Retirement
- Birmingham, AL: https://www.newneighborsbirmingham.com/activities/ Confirm before attending.
- Daphne, Fairhope and Spanish Fort, AL: We play mahjong Monday and Thursday weekly from 1-4 p.m. at local community centers. Free lessons are held from 12-1 p.m. by appointment with Mindy Youngblood. https://www.facebook.com/mindy.youngblood.9 We play for fun, for points and are friendly. Southern belles and all! Confirm before attending.
- Hunstville, AL: Meetup https://www.meetup.com/Huntsville-Madison-Mahjong-Club/ Confirm before attending.
- Hunstville AL: American Mah Jongg at the public library, Details https://hmcpl.libnet.info/events?r=thismonth
- Hunstville, AL, Madison Library: Both new and experienced players are welcome to play American Mah Jongg, the classic strategy game of matching. The group meets weekly from 1 to 4 p.m. in Madison. For information, email email@example.com.
- Madison, AL: Madison Public Library, confirm before attending. New and experienced players welcome! The group meets every Monday and Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. For more information contact Teresa at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or call 256-461-0046. https://events.hmcpl.org/event/2022-10-24/american-mah-jongg
- Montgomery, AL: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, If in the Montgomery area join us Thursday afternoons for Mahjong fun. Email me if interested.
- Anchor Point, AK: http://skpresourcedirectory.net/resource-directory/anchor-point-senior-citizens-inc/ Confirm before attending.
- Fairbanks, AK: Possible mah-jong through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) Special Interest Groups. Link Removed during Covid. Will update once available.
- Bella Vista, AR: Contact for more information. https://www.bellavistagardenclub.com/activities/card-party The 2021 card party was postponed, please let us know if you have updated information.
- City of Rogers, AR: https://rogersar.gov/158/Recreational-Activities Confirm before attending. Contact the group for more information.
- Fayetville, AR: https://www.fayettevillenewcomers.com/activity-groups https://www.fayettevillenewcomers.com/mah-jongg-blog/2019/8/12/mah-jongg-blog These links have not been updated recently. Please contact the group for more information.
- Northwest Arkansas, AK: Temple Shalom https://www.templeshalomnwa.org/event/mah-jongg - the current calendar did not have events at the time this was posted, but there were recent events. Confirm before attending.
- Cave Creek, AZ: Desert Foothills Library https://dfla.org/events/12565/2019-06-03/ The current calendar does not show mahjong but it has been on the calendar pre-covid. Please reach out to see if programming is resuming.
- Chandler, AZ: East Valley JCC https://www.evjcc.org/mahjong/ The website provides that the program is on hold and to contact them to confirm.
- Fountain Hills, AZ: https://www.fh.az.gov/Search?searchPhrase=mah%20jongg Mah Jongg is back on the 2021 calendar. Please confirm before attending
- SaddleBrooke, AZ: Events with WOOO for single women living in SaddleBrooke who want to stay busy and have fun. Interested members gather regularly to play Mexican Train, Mah Jongg, canasta, bridge, and others. Visit https://tucson.com/saddlebag/community/always-something-to-do-with-wooo/article_6367cc1e-ec77-11e9-92a2-9b4c5dcc8a91.html and confirm before attending.
- Phoenix, AZ, Katy K. and Judith M. Shady Mountain Community Center, https://www.phoenix.gov/humanservicessite/Documents/shmnwsltr.pdf
- Scottsdale, AZ: In Tempo Bridge Club. PreCovid the schedule for mah jongg was Mondays and Thursdays, 11:00-4:00, $5.00 https://intempobridge.com/mah-jongg/ Please call to confirm before attending to see if this schedule is back in place. They have lessons, leagues and tournaments: https://intempobridge.com/mah-jongg-in-tempo/
- Scottsdale, AZ: classes but great idea to contact for games too. Registration is now open for Valley of the Sun JCC Mah Jongg Classes! Beginner:
- Sun City, AZ: https://suncityaz.org/mah-jongg-club/ Membership may be required. Confirm before attending.
- Tuscon, AZ:
- Bakersfield, CA: Sundale Golf Course, 6218 Sundale Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93309. Every Friday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (some come at noon and have lunch and visit in the cafe). We welcome all levels of play and use NMJL rules. $5.00 purse. For more information contact Pam Cheatwood at email@example.com. Confirm before attending. Come and join the fun!
- Bay Area, CA:
- https://www.meetup.com/bamahjong/ Confirm before attending.
- https://www.jcceastbay.org/peer-led-clubs-groups/ Confirm before attending. Classes currently closed. Please contact and check for updates.
- Berkley, CA: http://www.tobysmj.com/index.htm Confirm with Toby Salk before attending.
- Capitola, CA: Mid County Senior Center https://www.mid-countyseniorcenter.com/games.html#mj Classes currently canceled until further notice. Confirm before attending.
- Carlsbad, CA: http://www.carlsbadnewcomers.org/activities A group for newcomers. Information to contact provided to confirm before attending.
Citrus Heights: Citrus Heights Community Center, Senior Room, 6300 Fountain Square Dr, Citrus Heights, CA 95621. Every Thursday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm. We welcome all levels of play and use NMJL rules. Teaching available, call for specifics. $3.00 purse. For more information contact MarcyB at 916-532-7840. Confirm before attending. Come get your Mahj On!
- Claremont, CA: Mondays, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Joslyn Center patio. Join this weekly Mahjong group for fun drop-in play on the Joslyn Center's patio on Monday mornings. Now playing inside. https://www.ci.claremont.ca.us/Home/Components/News/News/3162/18 Those who are not fully vaccinated from COVID-19 must wear a mask when participating in this activity. Please confirm before attending.https://www.ci.claremont.ca.us/government/departments-divisions/human-services/seniors/classes-personal-enrichment-copy https://www.ci.claremont.ca.us/Home/Components/News/News/3162/18
- Coronado, CA: https://www.coronado.ca.us/cms/one.aspx?pageId=5559254 http://www.coronadonewsca.com/news/coronado_island_news/bridge-and-mah-jong-return/article_20e207ba-e5b8-11eb-b632-afbadd878d22.html Confirm before attending. Mah Jongg resumed in 2021.
- Fallbrook, CA: We offer mah jong for seniors ages 50+ in Fallbrook, CA. We’re located at 399 Heald Lane, Fallbrook, CA 92028. It’s every Wednesday at 12:30pm. Phone number is 760-728-4498. Confirm before attending.
- Foster City, CA: https://pjcc.org/programs/games/ In person activities on hiatus, visit website to confirm details before attending.
- IDYLLWILD LIBRARY Mah Jongg https://riverside.evanced.info/signup/Calendar Confirm before attending.
- INLAND EMPIRE AREA OF SOUTHERN CA (Includes Redlands, Yucaipa, Loma Linda, Highland, San Bernardino) TUESDAYS 10:30 AM till 2PM. (Play is on the Recreation side of building.) Drop in MAVEN play as well as instruction for Beginning Learners and Intermediate players.Redlands Community/Senior Center. 111 W. Lugonia Ave. Redlands, California, Call 909-798-7579 or visit http://www.
cityofredlands.org/seniors.Lisa Wise-Wolk, Instructor
- Irvine, CA: Mondays, 9:30 a.m.–noon and Tuesdays, 1–5 p.m., Rancho Senior Center https://www.cityofirvine.org/senior-services/games Currently no listings for mahjong. Pre-covid there were games so please check back and confirm before attending.
- Merage JCC, Irvine, CA: https://www.jccoc.org/index.php?src=events&srctype=events_detail&refno=38588
- La Jolla, CA: Information on mah jongg on https://www.ljcommunitycenter.org/bridge-classes
- LaQuinta, CA: Mahjongg on Saturdays at the museum. https://www.playinlaquinta.com/arts-culture/la-quinta-museum/?fbclid=IwAR0PVnKGsqbz-bWhwLE8vzuU_echxkgHRXpDWnOY1OH12kmJQZwqRObeLec Currently no listings for mahjong. Pre-covid there were games so please check back and confirm before attending.
- Los Angeles, CA: There are many meetup groups when searching in Los Angeles and many groups at community centers, Temples and libraries. Not all currently have upcoming events www.meetup.com/topics/mahjong/us/ca/los_angeles Confirm before attending.
- Los Angeles National Mah Jongg League Games, For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 310.503.0806
- Los Angeles, CA: RIICHI style: https://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Pride-of-Mahjong/ Confirm before attending.
- Marina del Ray, CA: https://www.meetup.com/Marina-del-Rey-Mahjongg-Meetup/ Confirm before attending.
- West Los Angeles, CA: https://www.meetup.com/JohniLevene Confirm before attending.
- Los Angeles, Board Games and Dim Suhttps://www.eventbrite.com/
e/board-games-dim-sum-tickets- 201802886867?aff= ebdssbdestsearch
- Long Beach, CA: http://www.alpertjcc.org/events/2018/05/10/adults/mahjong-beginner-class/ Confirm before attending.]
- Marina del Ray, CA: California Yacht Club http://www.calyachtclub.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=393244&ssid=315172&vnf=1Confirm membership requirements and time and date before attending.
- Marina del Ray, CA: https://www.meetup.com/Marina-del-Rey-Mahjongg-Meetup/ Confirm before attending.
- Menlo Park, CA: https://www.penvol.org/littlehouse/programs/games-clubs-and-group-meetings/Confirm before attending.
- Napa, Yountville and St Helena, CA: there are several places in this area.
- Napa/Yountville: https://www.countyofnapa.org/calendar.aspx?CID=32 Search the Calendar! Come to the Yountville Library for casual game play with other Mahjong enthusiasts. Games are not competitive or played for money. Skill levels may vary. Confirm before attending.
- Las Flores: https://secure.rec1.com/CA/napa-ca/catalog/index/5fb43087586a9627e0969dc14ffa389e?filter=c2VhcmNoPW1haCUyMGpvbmdn Confirm before attending.
- St. Helena: Visit the Rianda House for information on weekly mah jongg https://www.riandahouse.org/calendars/ https://www.riandahouse.org/resources/Calendars/2019/2019-june.pdf Confirm before attending.
Nevada City, CA - Mahjong at the Miners Foundry is back on Sunday, July 17, 2022 and added to our Directories on ModernMahjong.com. RSVP to email@example.com with the number in your party and let them know the method you would be playing: (1) Chinese/Hong Kong; (2) (National Mah Jongg League) American (3) British/Chinese; or (4) Other method. Please bring your mahjong set and tablecloth, if you have them. Please note that this is not a class, but coaching is definitely allowed, if your table mates permit it. Community Asian Theatre of the Sierra requests that participants support the Miners Foundry bar by purchasing a drink/beverage and snack/pastries during the social and make a $10 donation to Community Asian Theatre of the Sierra.
- Orange County, CA: https://www.jccoc.org/index.php?src=events&category=PrimeTime%20Games Confirm before attending.
- Palm Desert, CA: Mah Jongg is resuming. https://www.templesinaipd.org/mah-jongg.html Confirm before attending.
- Palo Alto, CA: https://www.meetup.com/american-mahjong-in-palo-alto/
- Palo Alto, CA: https://www.womansclubofpaloalto.org/calendar
- Pleasant Hill, CA: https://pleasanthillrec.com/343/Activities Confirm before attending.
- Redding CA. Elks Lodge every Wednesday contact Rose Worthington firstname.lastname@example.org. All levels. Asian play Senior Center every Thursday. Everyone welcome.
- Sacramento, CA Details on https://www.meetup.com/
american-mah-jongg-for-Come join other American Mah Jongg enthusiasts every Thursday from 12:30 to 3:30pm at the Citrus Heights Community Center (Senior Room). We invite all levels of players. Teaching is available on the 1st & 2nd Thursday of each month. You must complete Part #1 before attending Part #2. Confirm before attending. greater-sacramento
- San Diego, CA:
- Carmel Valley Branch Library: Whether you are a seasoned player that wants play competitively, or a curious beginner that wants to learn how to play, we welcome you to the Carmel Valley Mah Jong Club. We host both American Mah Jong and Chinese Mah Jong. Adult players only. Bring your own Mah Jong tiles, if possible! Carmel Valley Branch Library Email: email@example.com Phone Number: 858-552-1668. Link was no longer valid. Here is a link an event calendar. http://host.evanced.info/sdcl/evanced/eventcalendar.asp?ag=ALL&dt=mo&df=calendar&cn=0&private=0&ln=ALL Confirm before attending.
- San Diego American Mahjongg Meetup https://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-AmericanMah-Jongg-Meetup/events/279322117/ We try to list open games in the area or we will give advise on where they can find games. We also have a facebook page called Mah Jongg San Diego https://www.facebook.com/groups/779981182206973
- Seven Oaks Community https://www.7oaksrb.com/calendar2.phpConfirm before attending.
- Meetup https://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Mah-Jong-Meetup/ Confirm before attending.
- San Francisco, CA:
- Andrew Keeler teaches American and Chinese style mahjong in San Francisco. He does public drop in games as well as private group lessons for beginners looking to learn to advanced strategy sessions.
He can be reached at 415-699-5435 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- https://www.jccsf.org/adult/older-adults/games/ https://www.jccsf.org/events/daytime-programs/daytime-games/ Confirm before attending.
- Temple Beth Shalom, https://www.bethsholomsf.org/calendar Confirm before attending.
- https://www.meetup.com/bamahjong/ Confirm before attending.
- San Jose, CA: https://sjwomansclub.org/groups/mah-jong/
- San Luis, CA: In addition to teaching, I was a Tournament Director for Mah Jongg Madness Mini Siamese Tournaments in Las Vegas. Avid player in local and national groups and collector of all things Mah Jongg. NMJL Rules. Games on most Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, Games on automatic tables. Call or text. RSVP required. 805-458-6526.
- San Luis Obispo, CA. Drop-in mahjong is resuming in San Luis Obispo on June 9, 2021. Details below. Please confirm before attending.
- San Luis Obispo, CA: Congregation Beth David. Confirm before attending. https://cbdslo.org/
- San Mateo, CA: https://allevents.in/san%20mateo/mingle-and-mah-jongg/10000189932070937 Confirm before attending.
- Santa Barbara, CA: https://sbnewcomers.org/event-2296969Newcomers club. Confirm before attending.
- Santa, Clarita, CA https://ncandf.com/monthly-activities/ Looks like games are virtual at this time but please reach out to confirm in person games.
- Santa Monica, CA: www.meetup.com/American-Mah-Jongg-Club-Lessons-Santa-Monica. Confirm before attending.
- Santa Maria, California Mussell Sr. Center, 510 E. Park Ave, all Fridays from Noon to 4, and the 1st and 3rd Wednesday from Noon to 4 We are open to all levels of play and we are very welcoming. We usually have from 7-10 tables. For further information please contact Donna email@example.com Please confirm before attending.
- Solvang, CA:
- mahjong games at the https://www.solvangseniorcenter.org/ Confirm before attending.
- Sonoma Valley, CA: Vintage House, https://vintagehouse.org/programs-and-services/social-and-fun/games/Confirm before attending.
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Classes are starting in Thousand Oaks https://www.crpd.org/?s=mah+jongg. Confirm before attending.
- Vista, CA: https://www.cityofvista.com/.../services-activities-clubs...· Confirm before attending.
- Walnut Creek, CA: https://www.wcannc.org/activities-walnutcreeknewcomers Confirm before attending.
- Woodland Hills, CA: http://valleyjcc.org/index.php?submenu=Open_Mah_Jongg_Play&src=gendocs&ref=OpenMahJonggPlay&category=_programs Confirm before attending.
- Colorado Mahjong Facebook Grop: https://www.facebook.com/groups/996596127017666
- This was a great website but it is currently not online. We are leaving it up in case they reactive the site. https://www.coloradomahjongg.com/learn-to-play (includes information for Brighton, Canyon City, Colorado Springs, Denver, Estes Park, Fort Collins, Lakewood, Littleton, Loveland, Parker, Telluride, Westcliffe, Windsor) Confirm before attending.
- Apex, CO: Apex Parks and Recreation https://apexprd.org/activities/clubs-cards-games/ Confirm before attending.
- Aspen, CO: Pitkin Senior Center: https://www.pitkinseniors.com/about.html contact for more information. Confirm before attending.
Boulder, CO, The Boulder JCC Mahjong & Canasta This is open play every Monday from 10 am – 12 pm. Call 303-998-1900 for more information or help with registration.
- Denver Parks and Recreation Center https://apm.activecommunities.com/denver/Activity_Search?txtActivitySearch=mah%20jongg&applyFiltersDefaultValue=true&cat=Activities At this time, it doesn't appear that mahjong Mah Jongg is scheduled. We hope this is updated soon.
Contact Avery through the website: https://rockymountainmahjong.
com/mahjong-tables. Avery will provide additional information once contacted.
- https://www.active.com/denver-co/games/mah-jong Confirm before attending.
- The JCC Denver: https://www.jccdenver.org/communities/adults/ Currently it doesn't show Mah Jongg as an activity. We hope this updates soon.
- https://www.meetup.com/topics/mahjong/us/co/denver Confirm before attending.
- Estes Park, CO: https://www.estesparknewcomers.org/2018/08/mah-jongg/ Confirm before attending.
- Littleton, CO: Peak Community & Wellness Center Mahjong Club, Foothills Park & Recreation District, 6612 S. Ward Street, Littleton, CO. For info, call 303-409-2200. Register at the front desk or at www.ifoothills.org.
- Steamboat Springs, CO: Mahj games on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1-4 pm and Thursday evenings from 6-9 pm. Where we play depends on the time of year. Thursday evenings are always at a players home. We play standard NMJL rules. We are not set up for teaching at these games but happy to set up special lessons upon request. For more information or if interested in joining a game or learning how to play, contact SBMahj@gmail.com, or call Peggy at 203 293-8734 and someone will get back to you.
- Bridgeport, CT: Bridgeport Public Library in CT (Connecticut) the world of Dots, Craks, Bams, Flowers, Seasons, Dragons, Winds and Jokers as you (learn to) play Mah Jongg. There is a reason this game has been popular for centuries and in many countries! We have the games, you bring the enthusiasm. For info, call 203-576-7821 https://bportlibrary.org/about/ Confirm before attending.
- Durham Public Library, Drop In Mah Jongg, Tuesdays, 2 - 4 PM, Drop in; no registration required.. Whether you're a novice or a pro, join us to play Mahjong on Tuesday afternoons! If you have a set, please bring it. CONTACT: Lauren Redfield 8603499544 firstname.lastname@example.org Please confirm before attending.
- Greenwich, CT: Learn the fun, stimulating game of American Mah Jongg in less than one week, in an encouraging, positive atmosphere! For more information, go to https://bit.ly/3JVZyg8
- Groton, CT: https://seniorcenterct.org/groton/calendar/ Confirm before attending
- Prospect, CT: Prospect Senior Center (Thursdays at 1 p.m.) Confirm before attending.
- Cheshire, CT: Cheshire Senior Center (Wednesdays at noon). Confirm before attending.
The Darien Senior Center (Darien, CT) has open play on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:00-12:00, and 12:30-2:30. Their website is found under the Town of Darien page:
- Mah Jongg Classes by Donna Holt: https://dariendca.org/mah-jongg-classes/
- Meriden, CT: Senior Center Activities, as of updating this Directory, play was on Wednesdays. Please check and confirm before attending. https://www.cheshireherald.com/News/Senior-News/Cheshire-Senior-Center-Activities-105.html
- Middletown, CT INTERMEDIATE AMERICAN MAHJONG Ages 18+ Thursdays: September 19 - December 19 NO class on November 28 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm Fee: Resident $12; Nonresident $15, Resident Seniors 60+ Free Senior & Community Center Socialization Room https://www.middletownct.gov/DocumentCenter/View/15122/Current-Recreation-Brochure-?bidId= Confirm requirements and details before attending.
Norwalk, CT: The Rowayton Library in Rowayton often has open play Thursday nights from 7-9 pm. Information on their website:
- Shelton, CN: Shelton Senior Center http://cityofshelton.org/senior-center/ Confirm before attending.
- Stamford, CT: Contact for more information. https://www.templesinaistamford.org/worship.html
- Torrington, CT: Senior Center. https://www.torringtonct.org/sullivan-senior-center/pages/about-us Confirm before attending.
- Weston/Westport, CT: Check out information in this article about mahjong in the area: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mahjongcommunity/posts/1435172733569472
- Westport, CT: Westport Continuing Education https://www.westportcontinuinged.com/CourseCatalog/classView.asp?id=3360&fbclid=IwAR1Pobbjf4guiwPFh5PuQezxHDyXAA-2dNzJQUa-7_qBFaHhwBanMLX95EU https://www.westportcontinuinged.com/Search/?s=mah+jongg&FormAction=Search Confirm before attending.
- Wilton, CT: American Mahjong at the Wilton Senior Center in Wilton, Connecticut (CT) on Wednesday, June 26 at 1:30 p.m. For more information, visit https://www.wiltonbulletin.com/…/wilton-senior-center-news…/ Confirm before attending.
- Angola by the Bay, DE: The Sea Gals Womens Social Group, hosts a Mah Jongg Tournament and may be a good source for local games http://www.angolabythebay.org/page/70238~762590/The-Sea-Gals-Womens-Social-Group Confirm before attending.
- Cape Henlopen, DE: https://www.capehenlopenseniorcenter.org/activities#GAMES
The Lewes Public Library will host a Mah Jongg players group from 1 to 4 p.m., every Monday, beginning Nov. 1. All are welcome, and no registration is required. Interested players must be experienced, follow the National Mah Jongg League rules, and be able to sustain a fast-paced game. Players are expected to assist with set-up and clean-up, as well as provide their own equipment, including Mah Jongg cards, a card table and Mah Jongg sets. For more information, email event organizer Pam at email@example.com.
- Wilmington, DE:
- Hadassah Tournament link, may have current information about games https://www.shalomdelaware.org/calendar/community-events.html/event/2019/09/08/wilmington-hadassah-s-3rd-annual-mah-jongg-event/238136?fbclid=IwAR0-McyAOoW2_4ApEC7VBIMhDdyRnPAyKXm8AH9Z_FUZZc0l7KCockS0X7g
- Ana Maria, FL: Mah-jongg for experienced players, Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, 11:30 a.m. Confirm before attending.
- Boca Raton, FL: ON HOLD. Please contact the park directly to see when games will resume. Before covid, Open Games of Mah Jongg and Canasta. Beginning September 9, 2019. Mondays only. PATCH REEF PARK COMMUNITY CENTER, YAMATO ROAD BOCA RATON 561-367-7035 STARTS 10:30AM TILL 1:30PM. Bring your mah jongg sets or canasta cards and trays. $20.00 per person. Light snacks or bring a lunch.
- Boynton Beach, FL: https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-UfIwrAHq/ Confirm before attending.
- Bonita Springs, FL: http://www.bonitaspringsnewcomersclub.com/info.php?pnum=19 Confirm before attending.
- Cape Coral and Ft. Myers:
- Fort Myers, PURPLE DRAGON - M, TH, SAT 12:30 - 4pm Sharing space with City of Palms Bridge Club, 16520 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers. $5 to play & $5 pie. For more info contact Kim at sleepyrobotkim(at)gmail.com Lessons available
- LAKE KENNEDY COMMUNITY CENTER - W 11:00 - 3:30; F 12:30 - 3:30 Call to check on times as they sometimes change - 230-573-3128. 400 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral. $30 annual membership includes Lake Kennedy & Tony Rotino Center activities. $5 pie (shhhh). Facility to open May 22 after being closed due to remodeling & hurricane Ian. Some are playing at Paradise Deli in Cape Coral on Wednesday 11:30 for lunch with playing to follow. For more info email Kim @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournament at Palmetto Pines Country Club 3rd Wednesday of every month. Currently $42 which includes lunch & $20 for prizes. For more info call or text Peggy Gilbert 713-757-2481
- St. James City Community Center Thursdays 1-4pm `3300 4th Ave St. James City has reopened, small fee to play.
Naples Tournament usually every 2nd Thursday of the month - contact Nancy Gruppusso 239-571-3692
- Fort Myers Tournament various dates Oct through May at the Verandah Golf & Country Club. contact betsyseligman(at)aol.com or 239-216-3118
Whiskey Creek Golf & Country Club in Fort Myers has tournaments several times a year. They offer a relaxed section for those who like a little more time for their games. Contact Ellie Neal at reneln3(at)gmail.com
- Captiva, FL: Captiva Island Yacht Club https://www.captivaiyc.net/activities/bridge Call for more information and to confirm before attending.
- Davie, FL: Our Mahjongg group meets every Thursday from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Pine Island Multipurpose Center. Come on out and have some fun! https://www.davie-fl.gov/559/Pine-Island Confirm before attending.
- David Posnack JCC in Davie, Florida. Mondays and Thursdays, Learn mah-jongg basics or just come to play. This is an ongoing class so you may join at anytime. Instruction is available if needed. Come by yourself to learn or bring your mah-jongg group to play. Instructor: Nancy Alberts Members & Community: $5 per class + card fee of $8 (Beginner lessons $10 per class) For more information call Nancy Alberts at 954.322.2581.
- Deland, FL: http://www.sanborncenter.com/activities/pages/mah-jongg Confirm before attending
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL: City of Fort Lauderdale Parks and Recreation Department BEACH COMMUNITY CENTER 3351 NE 33rd Avenue Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (954) 828-4610 https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/departments/parks-recreation/recreation/club-55-active-adults Confirm before attending.
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Downtown. Saturdays from noon to 3 p.m. in downtown Fort Lauderdale. People can call or text 954-524-5560 for details.
- Ft. Lauderdale, VFW Post, An afternoon of mah jongg and lunch. Every Wednesday, 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. The VFW post off Marina Mile (behind Lester's and Runway 84) located at 350 SW 25th St. Ft. Lauderdale. Confirm with the VFW post before attending. (954) 765-0791
- Fort Myers, PURPLE DRAGON - M, TH, SAT 12:30 - 4pm Sharing space with City of Palms Bridge Club, 16520 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers.
$5 to play & $5 pie. For more info contact Kim @ sleepyrobotkim(at)gmail.com Lessons available
- LAKE KENNEDY COMMUNITY CENTER - W 11:00 - 3:30; F 12:30 - 3:30 Call to check on times as they sometimes change - 230-573-3128. 400 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral. $30 annual membership includes Lake Kennedy & Tony Rotino Center activities. $5 pie (shhhh). Facility to open May 22 after being closed due to remodeling & hurricane Ian. Some are playing at Paradise Deli in Cape Coral on Wednesday 11:30 for lunch with playing to follow. For more info email Kim @ email@example.com
Tournament at Palmetto Pines Country Club 3rd Wednesday of every month. Currently $42 which includes lunch & $20 for prizes. For more info call or text Peggy Gilbert 713-757-2481
- St. James City Community Center Thursdays 1-4pm `3300 4th Ave St. James City has reopened, small fee to play.
Naples Tournament usually every 2nd Thursday of the month - contact Nancy Gruppusso 239-571-3692
- Fort Myers Tournament various dates Oct through May at the Verandah Golf & Country Club. contact betsyseligman(at)aol.com or 239-216-3118
Whiskey Creek Golf & Country Club in Fort Myers has tournaments several times a year. They offer a relaxed section for those who like a little more time for their games. Contact Ellie Neal at reneln3(at)gmail.com
- Gulfport, FL: Gulfport Senior Center, https://mygulfport.us/recreation/senior-center/ Confirm before attending.
- Gulfport/St. Petersburg, FL: http://www.gfwcstpetersburgwomansclub.org/spwc-community Confirm before attending. Membership may be required.
- Hallandale, FL https://hallandalebeachfl.gov/DocumentCenter/View/18476/Q2-May---August-2019?bidId= Monday and Tuesday from 12 to 4 p.m. Confirm before attending. They have not updated website for current schedule.
- Highland Beach, Florida: http://highlandbeach.us/event/mah-jongg/2019-08-05/ Confirm details before attending.
- Hudson, FL: Hudson, Florida Hudson Regional Library http://www.suncoastnews.com/news/challenging-game-play-meets-good-times-on-mahjong-mornings/article_285f1220-87ba-11e9-a0cb-c72e28ec99da.html Confirm before attending.
Inverness, FL: Growing Mahjong group looking for players of all skill levels. If you do not know how to play we will teach you. If you are experienced, we have several experienced players. Lets have fun! We play on Thursdays from 12 noon till 3:30 pm. You can find us at East Citrus Community Center, 9907 E. Gulf to Lake Hwy., Inverness, FL 34450. Any questions, contact 352-302-1112 IMPORTANT NOTE: Players must call before they show up so the organizer knows how to plan for sets and whether there are enough players to play.
- Nocatee/Ponte Vedra, Mah Jongg Meet-Up: For experienced players. No instructor present. From 1 to 3 p.m. June 1, 8, 22 and 29 and 3-5 p.m. June 15. No instructor will be present at the events. Meetings will be self-guided. Advance registration for clubs and meetings is required by calling 904-819-3234 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. COA Center at Flagler Health+ Village at Nocatee at 351 Town Plaza Ave., Suite 205, Ponte Vedra. Confirm information before attending.
- Jacksonville, FL: Del Webb, Ponte Vedra. https://www.associationvoice.com/page/20347~515590/Mah-Jongg?fbclid=IwAR2rzcEFOuStgWKQ4RpvVdKi1RnEK93L7h34brpUU2MYCZwGVP9VdoMHMg4 Please check with association to see requirements.
- COA Center at Flagler Health+ Village at Nocatee at 351 Town Plaza Ave., Suite 205, Ponte VedraConfirm before attending.
- Jacksonville, FL: Woman’s club https://www.newcomersofthebeaches.com/Activities#Mah_Johngg Mah Jongg on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 1 p.m. Experienced players. If you are interested in learning, you may want to contact the UNF Continuing Education program which periodicially offers classes. Confirm before attending.
- Jekyll Island, FL: http://www.jekyllcitizens.org/recreation/mahjonggbridge.html Confirm before attending.
- Kendall, Miami, FL: Alper JCC https://www.alperjcc.org/pages/adultprograms/ Contact for current schedule.
- Kendall/Pinecrest area, FL https://www.tbam.org/sisterhood/play-mah-jongg-with-sisterhood/ Contact for updated schedule.
- Key Largo, FL: https://www.oceanreef.com/events/member-events/mah-jongg-canasta-bridge-backgammon-open-play/3398/1563940800/ Membership required. Confirm before attending.
- Lakewood Ranch, FL: http://www.lakewoodranchgov.org/clubs.php# Many different mahjong options! Confirm before attending. There are several listings on the current calendar. We are not sure if membership is required to attend. https://mylwr.com/923/Town-Hall-Calendar
Longboat Key, FL: The Paradise Center hosts weekly mahjong games from 1-3 p.m. on Tuesdays. Call 383-6493 or visit theparadisecenter.org.
- Manatee County, Rocky Bluff Branch Library, https://manateelibrary.libcal.com/event/7977014 Confirm before attending.
- Melbourne, FL: https://www.meetup.com/MahJong-Anyone/ Confirm before attending.
- Miami, FL: Looking to play mahjong in Miami, Florida? The JCC has programs! Please contact to confirm schedule and membership information before attending. https://mbjcc.org/adults/adultprograms?fbclid=IwAR3xz-5lSjG9wngwhUspsj3CjDG43OR0xyQ3XntH-Hhm1OLaRmftbGvedn0 Confirm before attending.
- Mount Dora, FL: https://ci.mount-dora.fl.us/Calendar.aspx?EID=9243&month=7&year=2020&day=7&calType=0 This is a link to a prior event. Please use the contact information provided to confirm dates and times of future events.
- Naples and Marco Island, FL:
- https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-FbhjPosb/ Confirm before attending.
- Mah Jongg, Weekly Mah Jongg is back at the Jewish Congregation of Marco Island. Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. We supply the Mah Jongg sets. Bring lunch, mingle, and make new friends. Located at 991 Winterberry Drive. Must reserve your spot, call Barbara at 609-442-6570.
- Members only but may have information about games https://mooringscc.com/mahjong?fbclid=IwAR1qswbHOXLMvHM3SWYcuJSgoC23OpZJL58EyLC4yD34QgFkYr94KPVNii4 Confirm before attending.
Weekly Mah Jongg is back at the Jewish Congregation of Marco Island. Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. We supply the Mah Jongg sets. Bring lunch, mingle, and make new friends. Located at 991 Winterberry Drive. Must reserve your spot, call Barbara at 609-442-6570. Jewish Congregation of Marco Island
- Mackle Park https://www.cityofmarcoisland.com/ There were games with Parks and Rec but they are not listed currently. Confirm before attending.
- The Naples Sailing & Yacht Club: https://www.thensyc.com/Home This venue had mahjong pre-covid. If anyone has information, please let us know.
- Naples Italian American Foundation Games on Tuesday 11:30 to 3:30 p.m. No longer tournaments anymore at this time, the organizer retired. Confirm before attending. https://www.niafoundation.org/
- Melbourne, FL: https://bcwpsc.org/
- North Port, FL: http://www.northportareachamber.com/events/details/np-senior-center-mahjongg-08-12-2019-10803 Confirm before attending.
- Ocala, FL: http://www.ourstonecreek.net/page/20348~695486/Mah-Jongg-Club Visit for details on joining. Confirm before attending.
- Orlando/Winter Park: Winter Park, FL: University Club http://www.uclubwp.org/intellectual-activities/ Confirm before attending.
- Orlando, FL CURRENTLY THIS IS AN OLD LISTING. WE WILL UPDATE WHEN NEW INFO IS AVAILABLE. (Check out the classes at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando: Got Game? Come learn Mahjong and you'll learn to master communication, negotiation, strategy, and even cooperation There's a reason it's China's unofficial pastime. Register to find out why https://operations.daxko.com/Online/5191/ProgramsV2/OfferingDetails.mvc?program_id=TMP21576&offering_id=SES878929&location_id=B567)
- Orange Park, FL, the website shows classes and there may be drop in games too. Confirm before attending. https://www.tscoop.org/classes
- Orange Park, FL Orange Park Country Club, please contact for membership requirements. https://www.orangeparkcountryclub.com/calendar.php?bWeekly=0&lCalendarID=1
- Palm Bay, FL: http://www.gpbsc.org
- Palm Bay
1520 Port Malabar Blvd. NE, https://www.brevardfl.gov/PublicLibraries/LibrariesEventCalendarTextVersion/2021/12/03/LibraryEventCalendar/mahjong-at-the-palm-bay-library
- Palm Coast, FL: Wednesdays from 12:30-4 p.m., Palm Coast Community Center, 305 Palm Coast Parkway N.E. Free, but registration requested at parksandrec.fun/seniors. For information, call 386-986-2323. Confirm before attending.
- Pensacola, FL: https://www.cityofpensacola.com/Facilities/Facility/Details/Bayview-Senior-Resource-Center-92 Confirm before attending.
- Pinecrest/Kendall/Miami, FL: https://www.pinecrest-fl.gov/Home/Components/Calendar/Event/31436/22 Confirm before attending.
Pompano, FL: On the website, it shows Mahjong Mondays here but looks like they on hold. https://www.templesholomflorida.org/programs.html
- Pompano, FL: For more information please call Barbara (954) 288-2443 Mah Jongg, https://parks.pompanobeachfl.gov/facilities/herb-skolnick-community-center
- Port Charlotte Moose Lodge, http://www.portcharlottemoose.org/PTCH_jan2022cal_v7a.pdf
- Quail Creek Country Club Contact for more information. Confirm before attending https://www.quailcreekcc.com/dining/clubs/mahjong-image/
- Palm Beach, FL: Mah Jongg & Canasta Open Play Sessions - ongoing 12:30-3:30 p.m. Member: Free; Guest: $4. Mandel JCC, 8500 Jog Road, Boynton Beach. 561-740-9000. Contact Alane@jcconline.com for more information. Confirm before attending. Mandel JCC Palm Beach Gardens. Confirm before attending.
- Adult programs at Palm Beach Recreation, https://www.townofpalmbeach.com/496/Adult-Programs Mah Jongg begins November 1, 2021. Join Brianna Potter and friends for a game of Mah Jongg, a tile game played American style with National Mah Jongg League Official Standard Hands and Rules. All skill levels welcome, Mondays 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Residents: $20/month Nonresidents: $25/month
Palm Beach, FL: Temple Emanu-El of Palm Beach Mah-Jongg & Canasta 1:30-4 p.m. Ongoing. $5. 190 N. County Road. Palm Beach. (561) 832-0804. email@example.com. Confirm before attending.
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL: Seniors Lakeside Club, https://www.pbgfl.com/329/Adult-Seniors-Lakeside-Club Confirm before attending.
o Article on mahjongg in Palm Beach at Publix: https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/local/what-mahjong-and-why-gardens-publix-the-hot-spot-for-players/mLqhUx1IeKqgAwMJOhfUkL/ Confirm before attending.
- Pasco County, Several locations. http://pascolibraries.evanced.info/signup/Calendar Confirm before attending.
- Pinecrest, (Miami) FL: https://www.mdpls.org/branches/pinecrest-branch-library.asp Confirm before attending.
- Pinellas, FL: https://www.welcomenewcomerclub.com/ladies-club-events-activities Confirm before attending.
- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL: https://www.newcomersofthebeaches.com/Activities Confirm before attending.
- Punta Gorda Isles, FL: http://www.pgica.org/cardClubs.html Confirm before attending.
- Sarasota (also see listings above for Paradise, Lakewood, Longboat Key) Elks Club Lodge - 941-921-0545 5680 Rosin Way, Sarasota. Contact: Grace Tuesday - 1-4
- Sarasota, FL: https://templebethsholomfl.org/event/Mah-Jongg
- Sarasota, FL: https://scgovlibrary.librarymarket.com/events/mah-jongg-meet-3
- The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee Contact: Marilyn Ostrander 941-951-2029 St. Thomas Moore Church 2506 Gulf Gate Drive Sarasota 941-923-1691 1-4 - Friday
- St. James City, FL: https://www.sjccapi.org/calendar-1
- St. Petersburg, FL: http://www.gfwcstpetersburgwomansclub.org/spwc-community. Confirm before attending. Membership may be required.
- Stuart, FL: https://www.kanecenter.org/community-center/games-and-groups #stuart #kanecenter #mahjong #mahjongdice #mahjongg Confirm before attending.
- Sun City, FL: https://www.suncitycenter.org/activities/cards-a-games/mahjongg.html Contact information is in the link. Please contact for more information and membership requirements if any.
- Tallahassee Senior Center, DO YOU ENJOY MAHJONG?Join us on Wednesdays, 1-4 pm, Activity Room. This session is for experienced players. This popular tile game has crossed cultures and countries since it’s origins in China in the 19th century. With similarities to rummy, players match or sequence sets of tiles using a combination of skill, strategy, and luck. $2 suggested donation. For more info, contact Kristy.Carter@talgov.com or 850-891-4008
- Tallahassee, FL: Mah Jongg is on the calendar at https://www.templeisraeltlh.org/calendar. You can reach out and see if it is an open drop in game.
- Tamarac, FL: Moose Lodge. Every other Wednesday tournaments to benefit Alzheimer's Association are resuming starting Wednesday July 7, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Players must have received their vaccination and show vaccination card prior to play. Cost includes lunch. Advance registration required by contacting Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-610-1539. Tournaments are a fund-raiser for the Alzheimer's Association and held every other Wednesday. Because of the pandemic, players are required to show their vaccination card at entry. The number of players may be limited depending on the response.
- Tampa, FL:
- JCC, https://www.bryanglazerfamilyjcc.com/bryan-glazer-family-jcc-calendar Confirm before attending.
- Dragons on the Green, https://www.dragonsonthegreen.org/ Confirm before attending. There currently does not appear to be any upcoming events on their site.
A variety of mah jongg classes will be taught at both the Bryan Glazer Family JCC and JCC on the Cohn Campus in Hillsborough County, Florida:• A beginner class will be taught by Dragons on the Green at the Glazer JCC on Sundays, Jan. 23 through Feb. 13 from 9-11 a.m.Cost is $90 for members, $110 for guests.• A class in mah jongg skills and strategies will be taught by Dragons on the Green on Tuesday, Jan. 25 from 6-9 p.m. at a cost of $40 for members, $60 for guests. Become more familiar with the Charleston and selecting tiles, hand switching techniques and much more. Basic knowledge of the game is required.• A class for mah jongg novices will be taught at the JCC on the Cohn Campus on Mondays, Jan. 10- 31 from 2-4 p.m. at a cost of $30 for members, $45 for non-members. Instructor is Fran Cooperwasser.• A class for advanced beginners, will be taught at the Cohn Campus JCC on Wednesdays, Jan. 5 – 26 from 2-4 p.m. Cost is $30 for members, $45 for guests. Instructor Cooperwasser will focus on what to do with the 13 tiles throughout the Charleston with tips and strategies, and prepare students to play with intermediate+ level players.• Mah jongg open play is offered at the Bryan Glazer Family JCC on Thursdays from noon to 2 p.m. This is free for members and $10 for guests
- Mah Jongg open play at the Cohn Campus. If you have any questions, you can check with Pnina and her contact information is on the webpage. Novices and experienced players welcome. We can't wait to see you! https://www.jewishtampa.com/community-calendar/mah-jongg-open-play-cohn/2021-10-14_13:00:00
- Tarpon Springs, FL: http://www.ctsfl.us/recreation/gaming.htm Confirm before attending. We offer mah jong lessons and open play at Tarpon Springs Recreation Division. Want to learn how to play Mah Jong?? We are offering monthly classes. The next session will be on June 7th & 14th from 10-11:30am. The cost for lessons is $30 with Rec Card or $40 without Rec Card. Already know how to play? Join us for open play the month of June on Tuesdays from 12:30-3:30pm. Open play is free with a Rec Card or $3 without a card. Confirm before attending.
- Venice, FL: Venice Moose Lodge, every Friday at 1:00 p.m. NMJL rules. Contact email@example.com for details. Confirm before attending.
- Vero Beach, FL: Vero Beach Elks Lodge every Monday from 1:15 to 4 p.m. For more information, Melodygabriel@aol.com. Confirm before attending.
- The Villages, FL: Hoppy-Go-Lucky group plays twice a week, Tue & Thurs from 10-12:20pm in the Fenney Recreation Center, Village of Fenney, The Villages, FL 32163. Lucky Cricket group plays Saturday morning, 9-12:20pm in the Everglades Recreation Center, Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL 32163. All sessions have both American and Chinese tables. We welcome players of all levels but are primarily geared for Newbies-Beginners-Intermediate and some Advanced. Call Lynne Wagner at 352-571-5930 to confirm before attending.
- Wesley Chapel, FL: Wesley Chapel Mah Jongg is a private group Facebook so players must request to join. https://www.facebook.
com/groups/Welcoming new members! Any questions, contact Terry Richter through Facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/ wesleychapelmahjongg/ terry.richter.56. You can PM Terry or go straight to the group page and request to join.
- Winter Park, FL: University Club http://www.uclubwp.org/intellectual-activities/ Confirm before attending.
Alpharetta/Roswell: We play every Saturday at a local restaurant (currently meeting at Houck's Grill in Roswell). Play (American/NMJL) starts at 11 a.m. - we break for lunch, and end around 4 p.m. New and experienced players are welcome! For more information, email Lrg@tgc1.com. Confirm before attending.
Currently not meeting, will update if they are active again: Peachy Keen Mah Jongg (statewide): https://www.meetup.com/PeachyKeenMahJongg/ Must join this meetup to attend or attend as the guest of a member. Confirm before attending.
- Alpharetta/Roswell, GA: http://arnewcomers.org/activities/ Confirm before attending.
- Atlanta, GA: We don't have a current link for specifically mah jongg. There is open games here: https://www.atlantajcc.org/our-programs/communities/active-mature-adults/classes-events/. We suggest you contact for more information.
- Cobb (East) GA https://www.facebook.com/groups/123290295017783/ Confirm before attending.
- Atlanta, North East Atlanta ITP, GA: If interested, please follow "Rocket Mah Jongg" on Facebook. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cobb County, GA: https://www.newcomersofcobbcounty.com/activities/ Confirm before attending.
- Cumming, GA: https://www.forsythcountywomensclub.net/interest-groups.html Confirm before attending.
- Decatur, GA: Meetups https://www.meetup.com/American-Style-Mahjong/ Confirm before attending.
- Duluth, GA: https://www.duluthga.net/.../senior_adult_programs.php Confirm before attending.
- Jefferson, GA, Wednesday Mah Jongg at the library in Jefferson GA at 1:00 p.m. We play NMJL style each Wednesday and welcome beginners! We are just starting up again post pandemic.
- Milledgeville, GA: We play every Wednesday at Jen’s Bakery. Play starts at 1pm and concludes around 4 p.m. For more information, email@example.com. Confirm before attending. See the video we shared about Jen's Bakery on Facebook.com/groups/MahjongCommunity
- Sandy Springs, GA: https://bensoncenter.org/ Confirm dates and times before attending.
- St. Simmons Island, GA: https://islandnewcomers.org/about/ Confirm before attending.
- Great article: https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2018/10/01/north-hawaii-news/keeping-memory-and-cognitive-skills-sharp-seniors-play-mahjong-with-a-sense-of-aloha/ Confirm before attending.
- Clive, IA: http://www.desmoinesnewcomers.com/activities/cards-and-games Confirm before attending.
- Desmoines, IA: http://www.desmoinesnewcomers.com/activities/cards-and-games Confirm before attending.
- Iowa City, IA: https://www.icgov.org/event/mah-jongg Confirm before attending.
- Sioux City, IA: Siouxland Center for Active Generations, Siouxland Center for Active Generations, 313 Cook St., is open from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, Website calendar wasn't updated, article had dates for August 2022. Please confirm before attending. https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/6d33dc33-e107-4912-ba0e-44b0414661cc/downloads/Febuary%202022%20activities%20calendar.pdf?ver=1656687318601 and https://siouxcityjournal.com/special-section/prime/august-senior-activities/article_3b28bc18-6ac1-5549-8433-77355027e7ba.html
- Boise, OLD LINK. there was a group, that the link is no longer working. We are keeping it here to see if it reactivates when schedules resume. https://www.meetup.com/Boise-American-Style-Mah-Jong-Meetup-join-us-for-lots-of-fun/ CURRENTLY NOT A VALID LINK.
- Moscow, Idaho: http://users.moscow.com/srcenter/ We play NMJL mah jongg at the Moscow, Idaho senior center located in the 1912 Center at 412 E Third St. Bring your current NMJL card and show up on Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 1-4 PM and join us. Also, if you’re interested in learning to play, or if you want a refresher, and/or if you know how to play and you’re looking for a group, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please confirm before attending.
- Arbor Grove, IL: https://www.arborgrove.org/calendar2.php.Contact for more information and before attending.
- Belleville, IL: St. Clair County Office on Aging Mahjong — 12:30 p.m. Fridays. 201 N. Church St., Belleville. Mahjong is a game usually played by four people with 144 tiles that are drawn and discarded until one player secures the winning hand. Join our group and play this popular tile game. 618-234-4410 ext. 7034 or ext. 7044. https://www.aol.com/news/weekend-entertainment-guide-metro-east-130000987.html Confirm before attending.
- Bensenville, IL: Bensenville Park District, 1000 W. Wood Street, Bensenville, IL, 10AM-1PM, Every Monday. http://www.bensenvilleparkdistrict.org/pdcms/young-at-heart Confirm before attending. https://www.bvilleparks.org/event/mah-jongg/2023-06-12/
- Buffalo Grove Park District, https://www.bgparks.org/programs/club-50/ Confirm before attending.
- Burr Ridge, IL: Burr Ridge Park District, 15400 Harvester Drive, Burr Ridge, IL, Mondays from 12:30pm-3:30pm. For more information, email@example.com 630 - 920 - 1969. Confirm before attending.
- Burr Ridge, IL, Five Seasons Family Sports Club, We were contacted by the Five Seasons Family Sports Club at 6901 S Madison St, Burr Ridge, IL 60527 to invite our mahjong community members to play mahjong at the club. No membership required. Their only request is that players order lunch for $8.75 per person plus tax. For more details contact Tina Reinhardt at 847-636-1020
- Frankfort, IL: https://www.frankfortparks.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Winter-2021-FINAL2.pdf
- Chicago, IL:
- Debra Turner https://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Mah-Jong-Game-Meetup/ Great article: https://www.chicagoreader.com/.../mahjong.../Content... Confirm before attending.
- Forward Chicago has lessons at 3PM at the Sulzer Regional Library, 4455 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, on the first and third Thursdays through August. (except no lessons on July 4th) https://www.facebook.com/forwardchicago/ Confirm before attending.
- Western Suburbs, Chicago: The list of places to play continues to grow. Thank you for sharing Cheryl! Please confirm before attending.
Warrenville Park District - Mondays from 12-3 - Cost: $1 for residents, $2 for non-residents
- Wheaton @ Mary Lubko Center - Thursdays from 12-3 - Cost: None
- Lisle Senior Center - Tuesdays from 9:30 - noon - Cost: $3
- Glen Ellyn @ Main Street Recreation Center, Room 206 - Fridays from 10-1 - Cost: None
- Lombard @ Congregation Etz Chaim - Wednesdays from 10 am - noon - Cost: None
- Hoffman Estates @Beth Tikvah - Mondays @1:30. Cost: Unknown
- Naperville @ Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Community Center - Fridays from 11:30-3 - Cost: None
- St. Charles @ Pottawatomie Community Center - Tuesdays from 1-5 and Wednesdays from 1-4 - Cost: Residents $10/year and Non-residents $15/year
- Burr Ridge Park District - Mondays from 1-3:30 - Cost: None
- Elmhurst Public Library - Wednesdays from 10-1 - Cost: None
- Oak Brook Park District - Fridays from 10-noon -Cost: $10 for 3 months; Must pre register.
- Bensenville Park District - Mondays from 10-1 - Cost: $2
- Hinsdale @ The Community House - Thursdays from 1-3:30 - Cost:$2
- Bolingbrook@Liberty Green Ladies Lounge - Thursdays from 1-3 (2nd, 3rd & 4th of every month)- Cost: Unknown
- LaGrange Park District - Thursdays from 12:15-3 - Cost: $12 annual membership
- Westmont Senior Center -Wednesdays at 1 pm. Cost: Unknown
- West Chicago Park District @ARC Center - Tuesday evenings from 6-9 pm and Wednesdays from 1-4 pm - Cost: $10 for each 3 month session; must register and pay in advance
- Crystal Lake, IL: Crystal Lake Parks are reopening and have mah jongg games. For more information contact Jennifer Peterson at (815) 459-0680, ext. 1219, firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirm before attending.
- Highland Park, IL. Games and classes resuming soon. Information updated often. Contact https://www.cityhpil.com/resident/senior_center/programs.php for more information. https://www.cityhpil.com/resident/senior_center/programs.php Confirm before attending.
- Hinsdale, IL Hinsdale Community Center, 12:30PM-3:30pm - 1st, 3rd, and 5th Tuesday of the Monday. https://www.thecommunityhouse.org/what-we-do/adult-programming/ Confirm before attending.
- Hoffman, IL: Hey, Mr. Kot-tair! Hellooohhhh and welcome back! We hope you can make it to our sixth annual IN PERSON mah jongg tournament being held on Sunday, August 28th, from 11:00 am - 3:30 pm. If you don't know how to play mah jongg, don't worry! A rookie can register and learn how to play with an experienced instructor during the tournament! You are able to register (and pay!) online - just follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/2022BTCMahJonggTourney. Don't be a sweathog! RSVP by Thursday, August 18th. If you're as confused as Vinnie Barbarino, email email@example.com with your questions!
- LaGrange, IL, Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 203 S. Kensington, Avenue, LaGrange, IL, 7PM-10PM, 2nd and 4th Monday of the Month. https://www.emmanuel-lagrange.org/calendar Confirm before attending.
- Lake Forrest, IL: (contact to be added to waitlist) https://gortoncenter.org/event/mahjong-american-version/ Confirm before attending.
- Lemont, IL, Cog Hill Golf Course, Lemont, IL, 9AM-11:30AM, every Wednesday. https://www.coghillgolf.com/ Confirm before attending.
- Lemont Public Library, Illinois, Confirm style of mahjong before attending (not listed in description) https://lemontlibrary.libnet.info/event/5925435
- Lisle, IL: Lisle Park District, 1925 Ohio Street, Lisle, IL, 9:30AM-Noon, Every Tuesday. http://lisleparkdistrict.org/seniorcenter.html Confirm before attending
- Mundelein, IL: https://www.meetup.com/Lets-Play-Mah-Jongg/Confirm before attending.
- North Riverside, IL: North Riverside Park District, 2401 DesPlaines Avenue, North Riverside, IL, twice a month, 5PM-8pm, Wednesday. http://www.northriverside-il.org/ Confirm before attending.
- Hoffman Estates, IL: https://www.beth-tikvah.org/connect/groups/sisterhood Confirm before attending.
- Princeville, IL: http://www.lmelibrary.org/ Confirm before attending.
- Warrenville, IL: Mondays from 12:00 - 3:00 at the Warrenville Community Center, 3S260 Warren Ave, Warrenville, IL. $1 fee to play. All levels welcome. Confirm before attending.
- Westmont, IL, Westmont Park District, 55 E. Richmond Street, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Every Wednesday.https://www.westmontparks.org/ Confirm before attending.
- Wheaton, IL: Thursdays from 12:00 to 3:00 at the Mary Lubko Center, 208 W. Union Ave, Wheaton, IL. If Wheaton resident, it’s free. If non-resident, $15 for the calendar year. Intermediate and advanced level players preferred. Confirm before attending.
- Quad Cities, https://qctplus60.com/board-of-directors/
- Bloomington, IN: The University Club at Indiana University http://www.indiana.edu/~uclub/mah-jongg/ Confirm before attending.
- Bloomington, IN: Newcomers Club https://www.bloomingtononline.net/directory/listing/New-Residents/Bloomington-Newcomers-Club/1506 Contact for more information.
Dekalb County, 12:30 p.m., Heimach Center, 1800 E. 7th St., Auburn, https://www.dccoa.net/ Confirm before attending.
- Fishers, Indiana: Fishers Mah Jongg Center, Multiple sessions each week, view our current schedule online. email: info(at)FishersMahJongg.com
- Greenwood, Indiana There is mahjong Wednesdays at 1 p.m. at The Social of Greenwood #mahjong #mahjongg #Greenwood #Indiana Confirm before attending. https://thesocialofgreenwood.org/calendar/
- Michigan City, Indiana https://www.emichigancity.com/359/Senior-Programs
- Syracuse Public Library, Indiana: Mahjong continues at 10:15 a.m. each Monday during the month of August. An additional mahjong time is being offered through August at 1 p.m. Wednesdays, starting Aug. 10 though Aug. 31. https://www.syracuse.lib.in.us/
- Basehor, Kansas: Basehor Community Library http://basehorlibrary.org/events/event/mahjongg/ Confirm before attending.
- Kansas City, KS: this link is currently not loading. https://www.thejkc.org/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=MusicDramaRec&category=heritage_center&submenu=Heritage65 Confirm before attending. Try: https://www.thejkc.org/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=Drama_and_Rec&category=heritage_center and contact before attending. Change occurring often.
- Prairie Village, KS: Annual Tournament. Contact for more information about possible other games. https://ohev-sholom.com/?s=mahjong Confirm before attending.
- Shawnee Mission, KS: https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/jcprd/activity/search/detail/16112?onlineSiteId=0&locale=en-US&from_original_cui=true
- Shawnee Mission, KS: https://www.jcprd.com/Facilities/Facility/Details/New-Century-Fieldhouse-27
- Lexington, KY: https://www.lexingtonky.gov/recreation
- Louisville, KY: https://ascensionlouisville.org/events/2018/07/11/mah-jongg Confirm before attending.
- Louisville, KY: https://www.kenesethisrael.com/venue/keneseth-israel/ Confirm before attending.
- Owensboro, KY: https://www.meetup.com/Owensboro-Mah-Jong-Meetup/ Confirm before attending.
- Lake Charles, LA: https://www.lcltmahjongg.com/cruise_tournaments.html Confirm before attending.
- New Orleans, LA: https://www.meetup.com/New-Orleans-Mah-Jongg-American-Style-Meetup/(no current events scheduled) Confirm before attending.
- East Bank Regional Library, LA: Diane Schleifstein, Beginning June 7, sessions will take place at 2 p.m. every Tuesday in the lobby of the East Bank Regional Library, 4747 W. Napoleon Ave .https://la.evanced.info/jefferson/lib/eventcalendar.asp Confirm before attending. Supplies are provided but patrons may bring their own. This event runs to the end of July. Information will be provided about the 2022 card. Diane Schleifstein leads this group. Library: East Bank Regional Library Contact Number: 504-889-8143 Presenter: Chris Smith
- Louisiana Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Social-Club/Mah-Jongg-Players-of-Louisiana-580922338967882/
- Great article: https://bangordailynews.com/bdn-maine/community/mah-jongg-whats-it-all-about/(meeting days/times may have changed since published)
- Augusta, ME: Contact https://www.spectrumgenerations.org/events for updated information.
- Bethel, ME: http://wmscollege.blogspot.com/p/drawing-and-painting-new-twist-on.html Confirm before attending.
- Brunswick, ME: https://peopleplusmaine.org/calendar/month/2021-05 Confirm before attending.
- Boothbay, Wiscasset and surrounding areas of ME: https://www.boothbayregister.com/article/mahjong-mondays/85088 Join the Monday mahjong group at the First Congregational Church, High Street, Wiscasset, 6-8:30 p.m. Games are for novice through advanced players with instruction supplied for first-time players. For more information, 882-7544. Confirm before attending. Updated article: https://www.boothbayregister.com/article/boothbay-harbor-yacht-club/149426
- Kennebunk, ME: http://www.seniorcenterkennebunk.org/activities/ Confirm before attending.
- Lewiston, ME: The Lewiston Senior Center at the Lewiston Armory is now open. Starting November 10, 2021 on Wednesdays from 10 a.m.-noon, we will be playing and teaching Mahjong. We will have tables for anyone that already knows how to play and just needs other people to play the game. We will also be teaching anyone who would like to learn how to play. You do not have to be a resident of Lewiston to participate and it is free! So come on over, bring a friend, and learn how to play a new game or just have a great place to play if you already know the game. Please contact me at 344-8485 with any questions. — Pat
- Portland, ME: https://southportlandme.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=30703 Confirm before attending.
- Scarborough, ME https://leader.mainelymediallc.com/articles/things-to-do-348/ Confirm before attending.
Searsport, Maine. Where is my Mahjong Community? Introduction to American Mah Jongg, Tuesday, November 12, 6:30pm Curious about Mah Jongg? Join us to learn how to play American Mah-Jongg. Materials will be provided. Already know the game? Come play with us!
Second and fourth Mondays, 1-3 pm. Curious about Mah Jongg? We will be hosting American Mah Jongg games for those interested. Come play with us! Beginner friendly. Confirm before attending. #mahjong #mahjongg Carver Memorial Library
- Southern Maine: https://www.mainejewish.org/programs/clubsgroupsandgatherings/ Confirm before attending.
- Standish, ME: Free beginners mah-jongg sessions are every Friday at 9 a.m. at the Standish Municipal Center. For more information, contact Mary Lou Tracy at 642-2503. Standish Rec Center, https://www.standishrec.com/info/calendar/list.aspx?FacilityID=&AreaID=&rtype=&GUID=&CartID= Confirm before attending.
- Columbia, MD: https://www.active.com/columbia-md/games/mah-jong Confirm before attending.
DC/Maryland Mahjongg Mavens! Bethesda Jewish hosts Mahjongg Madness Events. BJC's monthly Mahjongg Madness is continuing over the summer! We're just playing for fun and bragging rights, but there are some amazing raffle prizes to be won!Beginners welcome!Bethesda Jewish Congregation in Bethesda, MD. Please register online. https://www.bethesdajewish.org/event/mahjongg
- Howard County, MD: https://www.howardcountymd.gov/encore https://apm.activecommunities.com/howardcounty/activity_search?activitycategoryid=24&issearch=true&applyfiltersdefaultvalue=true Confirm before attending.
- Maryland - Sykesville, Great group plays at the South Carroll Senior & Community Center, 12-3:45 Tuesdays, $3 purse, Drop in, National Mah Jongg League rules, 5928 Mineral Hill Road, Sykesville, MD 21784 Directions, 410-386-3700, Come join us! Confirm before attending.
- Towson, MD: http://bykota.org/recreation/ Confirm before attending.
- Arlington, MA: Mah Jongg from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays in the Game Room. Led by Judy Harris. The game itself is free, but regular players will be expected to purchase a mah jongg card for $8. Sign up in the Drop-in Room. For more information, visit http://arlingtonseniorsassociation.org/?fbclid=IwAR3ag1VE1mnROCXikNauqwedfgtkKxhRzfkG2NiPnsvCD9eT1-kiXkXT7SE Confirm before attending.
- Boston, North End, MA: 11:00 AM Mah Jongg Club. Come by the North End Library and play the American-style variant of this tile-based game that originated in China and requires skill, strategy, and calculation. Beginners are welcome. No sign up is required. Weekly on Thursdays in October. Confirm before attending. https://northendwaterfront.com/2019/10/tuesdays-brief-trader-joes-to-open-this-weekend-story-time-pumpkin-painting-after-school-adventures-commercial-wharf-plan-newnc-meeting
- Boston, MA: International Women's Club of Boston, https://www.iwcb.org/Mah-Jongg. Currently only playing on Zoom.
- Cambridge, MA: https://www.meetup.com/Mah-Jongg-in-Cambridge-Somerville/ Confirm before attending.
- Carver, MA: Carver Public Library http://carverpl.org CONTACT: Connie Kelly 508-866-4698 Ckelly@sailsinc.org LOCATION: Small Meeting Room
- Dedham, MA: Mah Jongg at 1 p.m., on Wednesdays. Contact before attending. https://www.dedham-ma.gov/departments/council-on-aging
- Dover, MA: Thursdays, 1 p.m., Room 108, Caryl Center. http://www.doverma.org/town-government/caryl-community-center/All levels welcome. Confirm before attending.
- Edgartown, MA http://chappycommunitycenter.org/activities/mahjong/ Confirm before attending.
- Foxboro Senior Center, MA: https://www.thesunchronicle.com/foxboro_reporter/rail/around_town/jack-craig-to-perform-songs-of-hope-and-inspiration-at-the-senior-center/article_a94dc1c7-79e3-5b6c-9cea-bb54066f1c7b.html Confirm before attending. https://www.foxboroughma.gov/ https://p1cdn4static.civiclive.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_15207780/Image/Departments/Council%20on%20Aging%20and%20Human%20Services/October%202021.pdf
- Lenox, MA: Lenox, Massachusetts, Lenox Community Center, Every Wednesday, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm. For more information, please call (413) 637-5535. New players always welcome! https://www.townoflenox.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif3341/f/uploads/april_2022_senior_sentry_pdf.pdf
- Martha's Vineyard, MA: Mah Jongg is returning to Oaks Bluff Council on Aging on Monday, July 11, 1-3pm. Limited to 16 participants. Please contact Rose at 508-693-4509, ext. 3, for additional information.
- Martha's Vineyard, MA: http://chappycommunitycenter.org/ Confirm before attending.
- Middleton, MA: Check out the Sherborn Library’s Mah Jongg Club. Our Mah Jongg players are welcoming and inclusive. Novices will receive very relaxed instruction from players who are happy to share their knowledge. The club meets on Mondays at noon or 1 p.m. — your choice. Contact the library if you would like to participate, 508-653-0770. https://middleton.wickedlocal.com/…/201…/at-sherborn-library Please contact to confirm before attending.
- Nantucket, MA: Confirm which style of mahjong is played, not described. https://www.nantucket-ma.gov/428/Games Confirm before attending.
- Needham, MA: https://www.needhamma.gov/564/Program-Information Confirm before attending.
- Northampton, MA: https://www.northamptonma.gov/1982/American-Mah-Jongg Confirm before attending.
- Peabody, MA: https://www.meetup.com/Peabody-Mah-Jongg-Meetup/ Confirm before attending.
- Flint Library in MA: Join us every Tuesday morning from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for our Mah Jongg and Board Game event here in the Flint Memorial Library Activity Room. http://flintmemoriallibrary.org/mahjongg/ Drop-in to learn Mah Jongg or gather with experienced players to play Mahjongg or any board game of your choice. In addition to Mah Jongg, some games–such as Scrabble–will be provided, but feel free to bring in your own board games in for the event. This event is open to all and no sign-up or commitment is required. Come along and bring some friends! Confirm before attending.
- Southborough, MA: Mah Jongg (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: The weekly program would love new players to join. Feel free to stop by to watch or talk to one of the players to see if you would be interested. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Sudbury, MA: https://www.bnaitorah.com/community/sisterhood/mah-jongg Confirm before attending.
- Great article on Where is my Mahjong Community in Wellesley, Massachusetts? http://www.hometownweekly.net/wel…/wellesley-learns-mahjong/ Town of Wellesley Tolles Parsons Center #mahjong
Michigan Mahjong Members FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/619002999435889) is a new page to connect players throughout the State of Michigan and others who want to visit and find local groups to join. For additional information, please feel free to contact me at 810-577-5559 or email me at MichiganMahjong@gmail.com.Thank you so much! Teresa McCulloch, AdministratorMichigan Mahjong Members Group
- Ann Arbor, MI: http://www.annarborcityclub.org/signature-interest-groups.html Confirm before attending.
- Comstock Park, MI: Mahjongg at the Library Kent District Library in Comstock Park, MI (Michigan) Join us on Friday afternoons for American Mahjongg, a game of skill, strategy, and calculation. All skill levels welcome. Bring your own mahjongg set or borrow ours. Seating is limited. Friday, June 14, 2019 - 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM. Confirm before attending. https://www.kdl.org/events/englehardt-branch/2019-06-14/mahjongg-library
- Harbor Springs, MI: https://www.harborpointgolfclub.com/mah-jongg/ Confirm before attending.
- Mecoasta County, MI: : Call 231-972-2884 to sign up. Mah Jongg: 12:30 p.m. Thursdays. Confirm before attending. https://www.michigansthumb.com/local-news/article/Just-Older-Youths-October-events-resources-for-16513794.php
- Petoskey, MI: Petoskey Library https://www.petoskeylibrary.org/mahjongg Confirm before attending.
- Portage Senior Center https://www.portagemi.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4210/PSC-Schedule-July-August?bidId=
- Traverse City, MI: https://www.grandtraverse.org/794/Cards-Games Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. Confirm before attending.
- Apple Valley, MN: https://www.ci.apple-valley.mn.us/DocumentCenter/View/11568/Regularly-Scheduled-Activities?bidId= Updated, Mah Jongg at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, Confirm before attending. 952-953-2345
- Brainerd, MN https://thebrainerdcenter.com/?s=mahjong Confirm before attending.
- Buckham West, MN: Mahjong is a game of strategy that originated in China. It uses small rectangular tiles stamped with symbols and characters. The object of the game is to be the first to assemble combinations of these tiles into specific patterns that make up a hand. These combinations are assembled by picking and discarding tiles. Once you learn the fundamentals of the game and begin to play, you will understand why so many people love it! If you are interested in learning how to play, Buckham West is offering a series of four learning sessions from 10-11:30 a.m. Thursdays: April 21 and 28 and May 5 and 12. Class instructors will be Jacki Johnson, JoEllen Schulz, & Sandy Nelson. It is strongly recommended that participants plan to attend all four sessions in order to fully understand the game. This is a free class. Buckham West membership is required. Limited to 12 participants. Registration is required by calling 507-332-7357.
- Grand Forks, MN: http://www.egf.mn/calendar.aspx?EID=6726, Contact (218) 773-2483, Confirm before attending.
- Hibbing, MN https://www.hibbingmn.com/community_voice/civic_clubs/tourist-seniors-weekly-schedule/article_df9196fa-8d4d-11e9-8cf4-a72a847adaf2.html https://hibbingmineview.org/senior-center/ Confirm before attending.
- Hopkins, MN: Calendar: http://www.hopkinsmn.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/288 and Event Search http://www.hopkinsmn.com/Search?searchPhrase=mah%20jongg https://www.hopkinsmn.com/DocumentCenter/View/3873/News-and-Notes-June-August-2022-PDF?bidId= Confirm before attending.
- Lakeville, MN Lakeville Heritage Center https://lakevillemn.gov/310/Activities-Groups-Clubs Confirm before attending.
- Minneapolis, MN:
- https://www.meetup.com/The-North-St-Paul-Mah-Jong-Players/Confirm before attending.
- https://www.sabesjcc.org/golf/mahjongg-and-cards/registration/ Confirm before attending.
New Brighton, MN: Drop-in Mah Jongg, New Brighton Community Center400 10th St NW, New Brighton, MN 55112, 651-638-2130Monday - 9:00 am-11:30 am, Rm 222Wednesday - 6:30 pm -9::00 pm, Rm 222 Confirm before attending.
- Perham, MN: Mah Jongg at Calvary Lutheran: Men and women are welcome and play Mah Jongg at Perham's Calvary Lutheran Church on Thursdays at 12:30 p.m. in the library. No prior experience necessary, as experienced players will teach the game to newcomers. Confirm before attending.
- Prior Lake, MN: Open play. We play both American and Chinese versions. We play on Wednesday’s from 12:00-3:00. No fee or reservations required! For more information, contact Lesley Young, Recreation Programmer. 16210 Eagle Creek Avenue, Suite #101 | Prior Lake, MN 55372 Direct: 952.447.9783 | Main: 952.447.9820/952-447-9800 Please note our email addresses are now @PriorLakeMN.gov and our new domain iswww.PriorLakeMN.gov1 | Prior Lake, MN 55372
- Roseville, MN: https://www.evensi.us/lunch-mah-jongg-maverick/421863334
- Somerset, MN: Come play Mahjong with other gamers at the Somerset Public Library every Tuesday in the RCU Community Room (except holidays) from 1-4 p.m. Registration is not required.
- Shakopee, MN: https://www.shakopeemn.gov/Home/Components/News/News/7918/378
Minnesota, White Bear Lake, Tuesday's 1:30-4 p.m.Battleground Cafe, 2008 Co Rd E East, White Bear Lake, MN 55110, BYO game and current card.
- Winona, MN: Winona Friendship Center, https://www.winonapost.com/News/City/ArticleID/72952/Winona-Friendship-Center. Confirm before attending.
- Columbia, MO: https://www.como.gov/webtrac/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/iteminfo.html?SessionID=e62b927a-4bcb-28ac-0d14-a36750bd8488&Module=AR&FMID=71326297Confirm before attending.
- St. Louis, MO:
- https://jccstl.com/programs/mah-jongg/Confirm before attending.
- Drop-In Games, https://callnewspapers.com/event/american-mah-jongg/all/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=all Confirm before attending.
- https://schedulesplus.com/covplace/kiosk/homecal.do?filterschedule_id=&showlist=&calfontsize=14px&varlines=false&showend=false&wraplines=normal&start=2019-08-01+00%3A00%3A00&thissearch=mahjong Covenant Place’s new Mirowitz Center will celebrate its opening the week of Sept. 9 by offering the community free trial classes. The following are recurring programs. For more information or to register, visit http://bit.ly/Mirowitz-Center-form (click on “Our Calendar” under the “Attend” box) or call 314-432-1610. The Mirowitz Center is located in Covenant Place II’s Cahn Family Building, 8 Millstone Campus Drive in Creve Coeur. Confirm before attending.
- The Nook St. Louis offers classes. See details below.
- Warsaw, MO: http://www.boonslickregionallibrary.com/events/warsaw-mah-jongg-3/2019-06-24/ Confirm before attending.
- Check out Kollel which we heard organizes a tournament every year. Usually in November.
- B’nai Amoona has a group on Wednesdays. All players welcome. Contact for dates and times.
Any games for us to add in MS?
- Bozeman, MT: https://gvncmt.org/interest-groups/ Confirm before attending.
- Livingston, MT: http://www.pccjournal.com/articles/Livingston_Mah_Jongg_Society.html Confirm before attending
- Omaha, NE:
- http://bethel-omaha.org/events/mahjong-2019-07-30/ Please confirm information before attending.
- https://templeisraelomaha.com/mah-jongg-mavens-offer-lessons/ Please confirm before attending.
- The Blumkin Home, https://www.rbjh.com/outreach-services Please confirm dates and times before attending.
- Omaha, NE - I lead two American Mah groups. Monday evenings from 6:30 PM to 9 PM and Thursday afternoons from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM. We play National Mah Jongg League rules. We play near 90th and Blondo. Except for major holidays or if the center is closed we play every week if at least three are signed up to play. We play with as many as have signed up for the evening or afternoon and do not use subs. These are not drop in groups, you must register with me before joining in play. You can contact me (Dianne Severa) at diannene(at)gmail.com
New Hampshire (NH)
South Nashua, NJ: Mah Jongg (NMJL rules) All levels, no money, bring a smile and meet some other players, all ages. Thursdays 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.No fee to come, we do not play for money (at least for now). Play at the Panera Cafe, Daniel Webster Hwy, South Nashua, NHGroup Leader - Adrienne Marshall, For more information, 603-494-4088, text or call or email adrienneATmarshallcenter.net
- Conway, NH: We will once again be offering a weekly adult Mah Jongg game beginning on Wednesday, Oct. 13 and will run from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Mah Jongg is a game of Chinese-origin usually played by four people with 144 tiles that are drawn and discarded until one player secures a winning hand. All are welcome whether you are experienced or just learning. Mah Jongg will take place every Wednesday through the end of May. https://conwaynh.myrec.com/info/default.aspx Confirm before attending.
- Jaffrey, NH http://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/xpages/J/JAFFREY/ekp.cfm?curOrg=JAFFREY Confirm before attending.
Jaffrey, NH: Mahjong is Tuesdays from 1 to 3 p.m. Join us in a non-competitive, friendly atmosphere where you can learn to play mahjong or practice/perfect your game. Mahjong enthusiasts of all levels are welcome. The group will meet in the Collaborative Learning Space on the ground floor, and due to COVID restrictions, space limitations may apply. Contact Julie Perrin (603) 532-7301 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moultonborough, NH: https://www.moultonboroughnh.gov/recreation-department/events/57833 Confirm before attending.
- Portsmouth, Greenland, Public Library System: https://www.seacoastonline.com/story/lifestyle/2021/10/04/your-local-library-month-portsmouth-greenland-rye/5992840001/
- Portsmouth, NH :Learn Mah Jongg. It's fast, free, and fun for all ages. Held every Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon.https://portsmouthpl.librarycalendar.com/events/upcoming
- Contact Dawn Carswell email@example.com Confirm before attending.
- Concord, NH: https://www.concordmonitor.com/Town-Crier-Master-List-26234114 Confirm before attending.
- Rye, NH: Rye Public Library https://ryepubliclibrary.org/events/mah-jongg/ Confirm before attending.
- Sunapee, NH: Abbott Library, Interested in Mah Jongg? Our group now meets weekly on Thursday from 3 - 5 PM here at Abbott Library! All skill levels are welcome. Drop in and join us! http://www.abbottlibrary.org/
New Jersey (NJ)
- Bergen County, Park Ridge Library: https://www.mybergen.com/.../game-on-canasta-mah-jongg.../
- Berkeley, NJ, Upper Shores Branch, NJ, Waretown, NJ, Little Egg Harbor, Brick Branch, Stafford, Lacey, https://theoceancountylibrary.org/events. Search Mah Jongg. Confirm before attending.
- Bordentown, Chesterfield, Hamilton, Trenton and the surrounding areas. Play at Hamilton Marketplace, a mix of experienced and beginner players. Details on https://www.facebook.com/
- Bridgewater, NJ: https://www.ssbjcc.org/adults/programs-classes/Confirm before attending.
- Town of Bridgewater, Senior Programs, https://www.bridgewaternj.gov/calendar-7/cat_ids~24/
- Brookside, NJ: Mendham, NJ: http://mendhamtownshiplibrary.org/index.php/library-calendar-new For more information or to register, call (973) 543- 4018 or visit www.mendhamtwplib.org. Confirm before attending.
- Cape May County - four senior centers are reopening and should be resuming mah jongg games. The four centers are Lower Cape Senior Center in the Villas, North Wildwood Senior Center, Upper Township Senior & Wellness Center in Palermo and Howard S. Stainton Ocean City Senior Center. https://pressofatlanticcity.com/news/local/cape-may-county-re-open-four-senior-centers/article_eff7b1f6-e59c-11eb-a7ac-23fb0872d917.html Confirm before attending.
- Chatham, NJ: https://chathamlibrary.org/events/ Everyone who loves Mahjong is welcome to come and play at the library. Bring friends or come alone and find new partners. The library has reserved one of its meeting rooms for Mahjong Open Play every Wednesday. There are two play sessions each Wednesday: from 1 to 3 pm and from 7 to 9 pm. Remember to bring your 2021 Mahjong card. No need to sign up – just come and enjoy the game! Confirm before attending.
- Cherry Hill, NJ: https://katzjcc.org/adult-education/ Details on mah jongg and nosh! Confirm before attending.
- Chester, NJ: Chester Library https://chestertownship.org/event/mahjonng-at-the-library-2/all/ Confirm before attending.
- Creskill Public Library, MahJong Beginner Series, Details to come, September 2022, Registrations open at 10:30am Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Fairfield, NJ: The Fairfield Public Library hosts Mah-Jongg every Wednesday at 11 a.m. A resource will be available if patrons have any questions about the game! https://www.tapinto.net/towns/west-essex/categories/press-releases/articles/summer-reading-kickoff-is-among-june-s-activities-at-the-fairfield-public-library?fbclid=IwAR0YragV3CqlssIneLNnxmLnw5JQClfXtIA7f9TSrlUiyUUyPEDlZsybO1A Confirm before attending.
- Holy Name Medical Center, Teaneck, NY: https://holyname.org/events/program-details.aspx?ID=6593...
- Longport, NJ: Open gaming. Join friends to play mah-jongg, scrabble, canasta or pinochle 10 a.m. on Tuesdays and 2 p.m. on Saturdays. Masks required. Call 609-487-7402 or visit longportpubliclibrary.org for more information. Confirm before attending.
- Longport Public Library, NJ, Every Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. and Saturday at 1 p.m. – Open Gaming. Join friends to play mah-jongg, scrabble, canasta or pinochle.Masks required. Call Longport Public Library with any questions 609-487-7403.
- Louis Bay 2nd library, If you are looking for a fun brain challenge, the Chinese game of Mah Jongg incorporates skill, strategy, calculation and chance. The American version Mah Jongg is played at the Louis Bay 2nd Library every Monday night at 6 pm in a joyful and enlightening atmosphere. March 14, 2022 from 6 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Freehold Township Senior center on Jackson Mills Road (732) 294-2929
- Mendham, NJ: Mahjong at the The Mendham Township Library in Brookside, NJ: For more information or to register, call (973) 543- 4018 or visit www.mendhamtwplib.org. Confirm before attending.
Middletown Library, NJ: Enjoy playing the exciting game of MahJong with other adults in our Community Room. For experienced players only. Registration required. March 15, 2022 at 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. In person registration, 9 seats left.
Montville Township Public Library
90 Horseneck Road Montville, NJ 07045Friday, October 8 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, Everyone who loves Mahjong is welcome to come and play at the library. Bring your foursome, your Mahjong set, and your 2021 Mahjong card! The library will provide tables & chairs, but we will NOT be setting up groups, sets, or cards. PLEASE NOTE: Only one person from each group should register.
- Game Friendzy is open! Two locations. Details here: https://mailchi.mp/d030a66eb483/mabel-mah-jongg?fbclid=IwAR3OKbs8ABovZqNtBJDDBBEa21yHGCAGQEdQTpb8qB7s8CNb-Gq0JmzS-OI Confirm before attending.
- Little Egg Harbor and Lacey, NJ: https://theoceancountylibrary.org/events. Search Mah Jongg. Confirm before attending.
- River Vale, Come and play Mah Jongg at the library. Bring friends or come alone and find new partners. Adult players only. Experienced players only at this time. Remember to bring your 2021 Mah Jongg card and your own Mah Jongg tiles, if possible! No need to sign up - Just come and enjoy the game! Masks are required at this time and all participants must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement(if not previously signed) to attend. March 15, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Rochelle Park Library NJ: Join us for the return of our mahjong group! All skill levels are welcome, and instruction and all materials are provided. This event will take place in person at the Rochelle Park Senior Center. For more information or to register, please contact us. March 14, 2022 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tenafly, https://www.mybergen.com/.../mah-jongg-at-the-library-275/ Confirm before attending.
- Paramus, https://www.jccparamus.org/gwan-group-without-a-name/ Confirm before attending.
- Berkeley, NJ, Upper Shores Branch, NJ, Waretown, NJ, Little Egg Harbor, Brick Branch, Stafford, Lacey, https://theoceancountylibrary.org/events. Search Mah Jongg. Confirm before attending.
Margate/Edison NJ: Where is my Mahjong Community? Mahjong for Beginners: Wednesdays, November 6 – December 4Students will understand all the moves and have all of the mahjong tiles explained and shown in detail. No Mahjong experience or knowledge needed. https://www.jccatlantic.org/adult-and-youth/adult-programs/ Confirm before attending,
- Middlesex, NJ: Where is my Mahjong Community? Tournament planned for Edison on December 8, 2019. https://centraljersey.com/2019/10/08/mah-jongg-tournament-planned-for-dec-8-in-edison/
- Montclair, NJ: https://www.womansclubofuppermontclair.org/ Looking for a friendly game of Bridge or Mah Jongg? Pack up a brown bag lunch, and come to the Woman’s Club of Upper Montclair for an afternoon of game play! We meet every third Monday of the month. Mah Jongg players: Please bring the new, National Mah Jongg League card for 2019-2020. At this time we do not have instructors to teach game play for Bridge or Mah Jongg, so basic experience in your game of choice is necessary. Coffee & tea will be available. Kindly call the WCUM at (973) 744-9138 to let us know you will be coming, and which game you will play. Cost: $3 per person. Confirm before attending.
- Monmouth and Ocean County, NJ https://mahjonggclass.wixsite.com/mahjongg/where-to-play Confirm before attending.
- Ocean County, NJ: Check out the listings at a few different branches http://theoceancountylibrary.org/events
- Morristown, NJ: https://www.morristownnewcomers.org/mah-jongg Confirm before attending.
Margate, NJ Mahjong Brunches at the Katz JCC in Margate, NJ
Wednesday, December 18, Friday, January 10, Friday, February 7, Tuesday, March 3, Monday, April 6, Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Don’t miss the JCC’s delicious brunch spread and a chance to meet other Mahjong and card players in the community. All players and skill levels are welcome. Spaces are limited. $14 for Members | $18 for Guests up to one week before the event. $18 for Members | $22 for Guests after one week before the event. For more information, contact 609.822.1167 Ext 138
- Ocean County, NJ: Ocean County library system. There are several listings at many of the branches www.theoceancountylibrary.org/Calendar%20of%20Events
- Old Bridge, NJ http://www.oldbridgelibrary.org/adults/ Confirm before attending.
- Princeton, NJ: https://www.princetonsenior.org/games/ Confirm before attending.
- Rochelle Park, NJ: https://www.rplibrary.org/rochelle-park-library-events/mahjong-7-12-21 Confirm before attending.
- Roxbury, NJ: All are welcome to learn and play Mah Jongg. Come and socialize with our Mah Jongg group! Don’t know how to play? Come and learn! All are welcome in this fun environment. Meets every Wednesday, from 1-4pm in the library. Karen Cerreta, 9735842400 firstname.lastname@example.org https://roxburylibrary.org/events?r=thismonth
- The Spring Lake Public Library, Spring Lake N.J.'s popular Mah Jongg course is back this summer! Wednesdays, July 7-28, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Duggan Hall. Confirm before attending.
- Springfield, NJ: Springfield Public Library, http://www.sfplnj.org/programs/mah-jonggConfirm before attending.
- Stafford, NJ: https://theoceancountylibrary.org/events. Search Mah Jongg. Confirm before attending.
- Tenafly, NJ: Kaplen JCC on the Palisades http://www.jccotp.org/mah-jongg Confirm before attending.
- Upper Saddle River: Looking for a friendly game? Please bring the 2021 League card and a Mah Jongg set if you have one. We do not have instructors to teach game play so basic experience is necessary. Thursday 2 to 4 p.m. Upper Saddle River Powers Room, New Jersey https://bccls.libcal.com/event/8878722
- West Orange, NJ: https://jccmetrowest.org/? Search for mah jongg
New Mexico (NM)
- Albuquerque, NM: https://www.meetup.com/The-Mah-Jongg-Jokers/ Confirm before attending.
- Santa Fe, NM: https://www.meetup.com/Mah-Jongg-Players-SantaFe/ Confirm before attending.
New York, NY (NY)
- Amherst, NY: https://www.jccbuffalo.org/adult-programs/ Confirm before attending.
- Apalachin, NY :Mahjong at the Apalachin Library in New York! www.flls.org Confirm before attending.
- Baldwin, NY: Baldwin Public Library -
- THE LINK IS NOT ACTIVE AT THIS TIME .... we will update when information is provided. https://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/xpages/B/BALDWINPL/ekp.cfm?curOrg=BALDWINPL&CFID=181648334&CFTOKEN=d5978d1796b4f591-D29076F4-D4AE-528A-535069E62D158AC1&jsessionid=843060afa940a56a82b062676f28125a4f1a Advanced Beginners 6:15 p.m to 8:45 p.m. Mondays. Intermediate and Beyond players, 11:30-3 p.m. on Wednesdays, No games on November 11, January 20 and February 17, 2020. Baldwin Library, 2385 Grand Ave., Baldwin. NY. Contact 516-223-6228, visit baldwinpl.org or email email@example.com for more information. Confirm before attending.
- Beekman NY in Dutchess county, starting in September. 3rd Monday of the Month https://beekmanlibrary.org
- Bellmore, NY: https://www.meetup.com/Mah-Jongg-at-Temple-Beth-El-of-Bellmore-NY/Confirm before attending.
- Bellport, NY: Mah-jongg, 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesdays through December 18th at South Country Library, 22 Station Rd., Bellport. Call or email 631-286-0818 or sctylib.org for more information. Confirm before attending.
- Brewster, NY: https://brewsterlibrary.evanced.info/signup Confirm before attending.
- Brooklyn, NY: https://www.bklynlibrary.org/calendar/mahjong-dyker-library-20190402 This link was outdated but may resume. https://www.bklynlibrary.org/search?search=mahjong is current for June 2022. We suggest you contact the library to see about drop in games. Confirm before attending.
- Brooklyn, NY. Meet Up Group: https://www.meetup.com/majong-Club/
- Chatham, NY Mah Jongg on the Lawn. https://www.facebook.com/events/531661984545290/
- Chippewa Bay: Mahjong Monday, 10 a.m.-noon, Chippewa Bay Community Club, 1172 County Route 6; free; info, register: firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirm before attending.
- Croton-on-Hudson: Mah Jongg Lessons for Beginners Thursdays in October, Starting October 7 | 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Croton Free LibraryLearn the fun and mentally stimulating game of mah jongg with the Croton Free Library. These lessons are open to adults. Sign up for this five-week lesson series for beginners. All players must wear masks.Space is limited, and seats are capped at 12. Registration is required.To register, email email@example.com or call 914.271.6612.
- Croton-on-Hudson, Mah Jongg Free Play for Experienced Players Thursdays in October, Starting October 7 | 11:00 AM – 12:30 PMCroton Free LibraryEnjoy playing mah jongg with other experienced players with the Croton Free Library. Open to adults. Players can use the library's set, or bring their own. All players must wear masks.To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914.271.6612.
- Delhi, NY 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cannon Free Library, 40 Elm St. For info: 607-746-2662. x
- Dix Hills, NY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1047490772626353. We play at the Dix Hills Library located at 55 Vanderbilt Parkway, Dix Hills, NY 11746. The days and times of our games change weekly. Contact Jill for more information at email@example.com
- Dunkirk, NY Mahjong has started play once again at the senior center. Mahjong will be played every Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. confirm before attending.
- East Islip, NY: Mah-jongg, 1 p.m. Tuesdays at the Joyce Fitzpatrick Senior Center, 50 Irish Lane, East Islip; 631-224-5396.Confirm before attending.
- Freeport, NY: https://events.longisland.com/mah-jongg-for-adults-at-the-library.html
- Goshen, NY: Goshen Senior Center. http://www.chroniclenewspaper.com/news/local-news/goshen-senior-center-s-news-for-september-HD476559 June Calendar: http://www.goshenseniorcenter.org/calendar.pdf Confirm before attending.
- Grand Island, NY: Buffalo Launch Club, http://buffalolaunchclub.com/?fbclid=IwAR35fQbEa4U8jT_eCEe8Cl5if__T4w7zjJwEXnORkRlu0WetQ07vTPIPW74Every Wednesday in the summer months. Members & Mates, if you know how to play - join the fun!! Confirm before attending
- Hempstead, NY: Learn the game that has fascinated people for so many years with its strategies, sequences, and combinations. This class will introduce you to the tiles, and basic moves of this ancient game. Come alone, bring a friend or make new ones. Please bring the 2019 Mah Jongg Card (This can be purchased through Amazon or nationalmahjonggleague.com) to the first class. The class is limited to 16 adults. Visit https://hempsteadny.gov/activities/cultural-arts/mah-jonggfor more information. Confirm before attending.
- Hollis Hills, NY https://www.hollishillsbaysidejc.org/2018/10/hollis-hills-bayside-jewish-center-mah-jongg-club-monthly-beginning-november-11/ Confirm before attending.
- Hudson, NY: Chatham Public LIbrary THE LINK FOR THESE GAMES IS CURRENTLY DOWN. PLEASE EMAIL US IF YOU HAVE UPDATED INFORMATION! https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/article/chatham-public-library-offers-september-programming http://chatham.lib.ny.us/?s=mah+jongg Confirm before attending.
Hudson, NY: Mahjongg THE LINK FOR THESE GAMES IS CURRENTLY DOWN. WE WILL UDPATE IF MORE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED 1:30 - 4 p.m. Oct. 23 Meets three Wednesdays each month. Experienced players, call the office and let Barbara know you will be attending. Interested in learning to play? Please contact the ALI Office and your name will be placed on the list for the next beginner class. Listen and Learn: “Mah Jongg: The Art of the Game” by co-author Ann Israel Ann Israel 10:30 a.m.-noon Oct. 24. Call to reserve. Confirm before attendin
- Lancaster, NY: https://www.lancasterbee.com/articles/senior-news-448/ All events (except where indicated) are held at the Town of Lancaster Senior Citizens Center, 100 Oxford Ave. Lancaster residents need to have photo identification ready. For more information, call 685-3498. Confirm before attending.
Macedon, NY: Mah Jongg every Thursday from 2-5 at Macedon Public Library, 30 W. Main St, Macedon, NY 14502. We are a welcoming group for all levels. If you want to learn, we'll teach you to play. Note: due to possible changes in COVID and public health, please call the library to confirm that it's open.
- Mattituck, NY: Mah-jongg, Monday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays and Tuesday 11 a.m to 2 p.m. through December 1th Mattituck-Laurel Library, 13900 Main Rd., Mattituck; Contact 631-298-4134 or email mattitucklaurellibrary.org for more information. Confirm before attending.
- Middleburgh, NY: Mahjong or mah-jongg is a tile-based game that was developed in the 19th century in China and has spread throughout the world since the early 20th century. Come join our friendly group of players for a fun afternoon of conversation and Mahjong. Never played? Not a problem! They are happy to teach you. Meet in the Community Room. No registration required. Middleburgh Library https://engagedpatrons.org/EventsCalendar.cfm?SiteID=8615 https://www.middleburghlibrary.info/
- New York, NY
- Beginner's Classes, NYC, Rodeph Sholom, https://rodephsholom.org/events/mah-jongg-beginners-class/all/
- Mahjongg at Bryant Park run by the wonderful Linda Fisher. Takes places certain days throughout the summer by the carousel. Confirm before attending. Weather permitting. Check out or pictures on Facebook.com/groups/MahjongCommunity of fun days at Bryant Park. Here are the details about Drop-In Mah Jongg Socials at the beautiful Bryant Park, NYC. Wouldn't it be great if other parks followed this idea?
- Games are free and open to all players. Thank you to Linda Fisher for organizing the games and makes sure the ten Mah Jongg sets the park has available are game ready.
- Mah Jongg Socials take place every Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. through Labor Day and Marathons take place during holidays, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day, September 5, 2022 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Players meet in the game area of Bryant Park by the Carousel (Le Carrousel.) During these times, the tables are reserved for Mah Jongg.
- All levels are welcome. If you are a beginner, let Linda Fisher know in advance so she can expect a beginner's table.
- As Reeva Shaffer explained on Maria Scalia's Memorial Day post: You can come by yourself or with others. Everyone finds a table and plays. Some rotate around, others stay with their own table mates.
- If dropping in, you don't need to bring a set. If coming with your group, it is a good idea to bring your own set. Remember to bring your 2022 NMJL card (the park does have a few available.)
- Bryant Park shared on Facebook that their free amenities during the summer include their Reading Room , Art Cart , Ping Pong , Pétanque, Putting , Kubb , Games , and Chessareas! All free and staffed daily for your enjoyment, 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. During these hours, the park has the sets available for play if you have a group that wants to meet. Check to confirm hours on https://bryantpark.org/
- Ahuva Ellner Meetup organizer in Manhattan, currently the links are not active, We will update when available. All groups require short screening process in order to determine players level of experience (novice, beginner, intermediate/advanced.)
- Manhattan Games Center, Honors Bridge and Games, 177 E. 87th St, Suite 302A NY, NY 10028 Please call us 212-966-6112 for information and reservations. https://manhattangamescenter.com/?fbclid=IwAR1MP5VKPv0Nsf0Ja59ErFCNzAAhfc-oT6fLNMe80cJ1QxaN_vvrl14RHSg
- Manhattan, Marlene Meyerson JCC https://www.jccmanhattan.org/search/?q=mahjongConfirm before attending.
- RIICHI style, https://www.meetup.com/Learn-Riichi-Mahjong/
- @Ess-a-Bagel on 1st Ave Contact Ess-a-Bagel 1st ave for more information. Great article on these lessons! https://patch.com/new-york/gramercy-murray-hill/mahjong-schmear-author-teaches-game-e-side-bagel-shop
- Manhattan Canasta Club Lunch, making friends and free lessons in Mahjong and Canasta Every Wednesday, Register for your private invitation www.manhattancanastaclub.comConfirm before attending.
- Norwich, NY: Learning and playing groups. Fridays at 1 p.m. Email TicTacToe@roadrunner.com for more information http://www.guernseymemoriallibrary.org/?fbclid=IwAR3S4lJBKEePewpgErQekArlNNTJvPbfbS1VshdZL9NR1n4g1Zoa8X_2GPw Confirm before attending.
- Oceanside, NY: https://friedbergjcc.org/games/ Confirm before attending.
- Oceanside, NY: Library calendar: https://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/xpages/O/OSIDE/EKP.cfm?curOrg=OSIDE
- North Shore Long Island - classes https://nssc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?method=ClassListing.ClassListingDisplay&int_category_id=9&int_sub_category_id=117&int_catalog_id=
- Plainview, NY: https://www.miyjcc.org/educational-and-fun Confirm before attending.
Plainview Old Bethpage library, 999 Old Country Rd
Plainview, NY, Mondays 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., All levels are welcomeIf you need more information email me at deeweinstock(at)gmail.com
- Queens, NY: From Linda Fisher: Our mahjongg club is starting back up again at the North Forest Park Library - 98-27 Metropolitan Avenue near 70th Avenue in Forest Hills. You can take the 54 bus or park on a side street. We meet on Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.. All are welcome - it's a social game, NMJL, free, no money. No formal lessons, but people can come and observe to check it out. Bring your card.
- Roslyn, NY: https://www.sjjcc.org/programs/senior-specialized-adult/seniors/#overview GAMES DAY Come play cards, bridge, Mah Jongg, and other games with your pals. Interested in joining a game, reach out and we will try to match you with other players.
- Thursdays, 10am-2pm Confirm before attending.
- Shelter Island, NY: Mahjong on Mondays on the Island Calendar. Library lower level. Instruction available. Stephanie Zinger 631-749-8805.https://shelterislandreporter.timesreview.com/2019/06/06/island-calendar-june-6-2019/. Confirm before attending. Senior Mahjong on Fridays and Mondays, 1:30 to 5 p.m., Senior Activity Center. 631-749-1059. Confirm before attending.
- Southold, NY: Southold Free Library, https://southoldlibrary.org/event/mah-jongg-2/2021-09-20/ Confirm before attending.
- Staten Island: https://www.nypl.org/events/calendar?keyword=mah%20jongg...Please confirm dates and times before attending
- Stony Point, NY: Casual Mah-Jongg Open Play. Note time change for the Stony Point, NY MJ game at the Rose Memorial Library. we now meet from 3:30-5:30 Drop in for fun and casual Mah-Jongg play. Bring your 2019 National Mah Jongg League card and if you have one, bring a Mah Jongg set. All skill levels welcome. Does not include formal instruction. Rose Memorial Library East Main Street, Stony Point, NY 10980
- Suffolk County: https://www.meetup.com/New-Girlfriends-Suffolk-County-over-50/events/ Confirm before attending
- Tivoli, NY:Tivoli Library, http://tivolilibrary.org/calendar/tivoli-calendar/ Confirm before attending.
- Victor, NY: victorfarmingtonlibrary.org Mondays from 2 to 4 p.m. No beginners please. https://victorfarmingtonlibrary.org/event-calendar/ Confirm before attending.
- West Hempstead, NY: Stop by Malverne Public Library on Tuesday, Sept. 3, from 1 to 4 p.m. for an afternoon of mah jong. Test your skills with these colorful tiles and may the best mah-jong player win! All experienced players are welcome to attend. Please bring your mah jong and card set. No registration required. Info: (516) 599-0750. Confirm before attending.
- Westhampton Beach, NY: Mah-Jongg Club, 2-4 p.m. Fridays through December 27, Westhampton Free Library, 7 Library Avenue 631-288-3335, westhamptonlibrary.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. https://westhamptonlibrary.librarymarket.com/events/month?keywords=MAH%20JONGG Confirm before attending.
West Seneca, NY: Mahjong is scheduled for Thursdays at the West Seneca Senior Center, 4620 Seneca St. For more information, call the center at 675-9288, or visit the town’s website at http://www.westseneca.net/?fbclid=IwAR0ejsbgKo9E_WqwL0LFDy5wgNQCsU2u0wLS_GU6eT8PNOfkgeKe1QOwY7s Confirm before attending.
- Henderson, NV: https://www.meetup.com/Henderson-Mah-Jongg-Meetup/Confirm before attending.
- Las Vegas, NV: According to meetup, there are many interested and the group needs an organizer. https://secure.meetup.com/create/?seededCityId=89101&seededCountry=us&isSeeded=true&seededNumInterested=173&seededTopicId=1900 (There is a fee charged by Meetup associated with creating a group but may or may not be a fee to play)
- Las Vegas, NV: RIICHI https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation/Green-Dragon-Mahjong-569312316772903/ Confirm before attending.
- Southwest Medical Lifestyle Center – West, 8670 W. Cheyenne Ave., Suite 105. Call 702-677-3055 to confirm dates and times.
- Reno and Sparks, NV: https://www.nncnn.org/activities
- Southern Nevada: https://www.jewishnevada.org/jcc-of-southern-nevada/adultprograms Confirm before attending.
- Sparks, Nevada (Northern Nevada) https://newcomersclubofreno-sparks.org/activities Confirm before attending.
North Carolina (NC)
- Asheville, Henderson County, NC: The link for the Rec center is no longer loading. We will update if need information is posted.
- Asheville, JCC - the event on this calendar passed but it may be a recurring event. Confirm dates and times. https://www.jcc-asheville.org/?s=mahjong
- Boone, NC: https://www.templeofthehighcountry.org/8-sisterhood/ Boone, NC Blowing Rock, North Carolina #boone #blowingrock#highcountry Confirm before attending.
- Chapel Hill, NC: https://www.newcomersofchapelhill.org/content.aspx?page_id=4001&club_id=473342&action=cira&vm=Future&sif=0Confirm before attending.
- Charlotte, NC:
- The Charlotte JCC has resumed Game Day. https://www.charlottejcc.org/webpage-directory/adults/oasis-senior-enrichment-program/ Click here for the July calendar: https://www.charlottejcc.org/clientuploads/Seniors/July-2021_OasisNews_E.pdf Confirm before attending
- Membership required. https://carolinawomensclub.com/events/clubs/mah-jongg/ Confirm before attending
- New Friends of Carolina https://www.newfriendsofcarolina.com/ Confirm before attending.
Charlotte Newcomers Club welcomes Mah Jongg players. Contact us at https://charlottenewcomers.
- Highlands/Cashiers, NC: https://fontanalib.org/events/mah-jongg-10 Albert Carlton-Cashiers Community Library Telephone: 828-743-0215 http://fontanalib.org/cashiers
- Lewisville, NC, Mondays 1- 5 p.m. at Mary Alice Warren Community Center,
7632 Lewisville Clemmons Road, Lewisville, NC, Contact - Kathy Ryckman at Ryckman6atgmail.com. Confirm before attending.
- New Bern, NC:
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/2060862314025988/?hc_location=group Confirm before attending.
- New Bern, NC: Newcomers group Confirm before attending. https://newbernnewcomers.org/mah-jongg/
- 1:30 to 5 p.m., Books A Million, 3005 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., New Bern. Experienced players can bring their MJ set and cards. Beginners are always welcome. For information, call 252-626-0120 or email: email@example.com.
- Greensboro, NC: http://www.greensboronewcomersclub.com/mah-jongg-75/ Confirm before attending.
- Mooresville /Lake Norman/ Denver/ Huntersville:
- Newcomers Club: https://lknnewcomers.wildapricot.org/
- Senior Center: https://assets.locable.com/pdfs/1873/attachments-original-1631199585-September_2021_cal.pdf?1631199585. Check out our Where is my Mahjong Directory on mmcom ModernMahjong.com for other ideas.
- Raleigh, NC: The JCC had classes/meeting before covid. We hope to update soon.
- Southern Pines, NC
- St. James, NC:
- https://www.starnewsonline.com/.../mahjong-draws-hundreds... Interesting article.
- https://www.townofstjamesnc.org/.../STJ_COMMUNITY_CENTER... Confirm before attending.
- https://www.townofstjamesnc.org/index.asp... Confirm before attending.
- Wilmington, NC: http://www.wilmingtonncnewcomers.com/satellites.html Confirm before attending.
North Dakota (ND)
- Fargo, ND: Beginning Mahjong Class series:6:30 p.m. June 17. Learn to play mahjong during this three-session class. Each table of four will have a teacher. Free. Register in advance at the service desk or call 701-551-8940 https://www.westfargolibrary.org/Calendar.aspx?EID=1501Confirm before attending.
- Fargo, ND: 1:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. Join a group of mahjong gamers for an afternoon of skill, strategy and wily calculation. Not a gathering for beginners. If you would like to learn how to play mahjong, be sure to watch the Library News, library's website, and Facebook page for other opportunities to learn from this group. For current information before attending, visit https://www.westfargopioneer.com/news/1357043-Library-News-June-5-2019Confirm before attending.
- West Fargo, ND: https://www.westfargond.gov/calendar.aspx?Keywords=mah%20jongg&startDate=&enddate=&CID=24,25,33,28,29,14,22&showPastEvents=false 1:30 to 3 p.m. Check schedule for days/times. Confirm before attending.
- Akron, OH: https://www.shawjcc.org/jcccalendar/mah-jongg-12142017 Contact for details and confirm before attending. Looks like this is on hold. Contact (330) 867-7850 to see if games resumed.
- Akron, OH: They had mahjong at the Library but it might be on hold for now. You can contact them for more info. It looks like games are resuming. https://services.akronlibrary.org/events?r=thismonth&a=Adults
- Akron, OH: https://templeisraelakron.org/community/small-groups/ and https://www.shawjcc.org/jcccalendar/mah-jongg-12142017
- Austintown, OH: Austintown Senior Center https://www.austintownseniorcenter.org/menu, https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/84d391_ac6102bc8ade4a25a0fa8ebd80f4f517.pdf Confirm before attending.
- Avon Lake, OH Old Firehouse Community Center https://avonlakeoh.myrec.com/info/facilities/details.aspx?FacilityID=14716 Confirm before attending.
- Bowling Green, OH: Mah Jongg resuming at the Wood County Senior Center. In-person play and/or classes resuming. Visit http://www.wccoa.net/ for details. Information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cincinnati, OH:
- This Northeast: https://www.northeastwelcomers.com/calendar Confirm before attending.
- Eastside: http://cincinnatieastsidenewcomers.org/activities.html Confirm before attending.
- Northern: http://welcomerscincinnati.com/activity.html Confirm before attending.
- Columbus, OH:
- Mah Jong Mavens on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Columbus-Mah-Jongg-Mavens-226473660746889/?hc_location=ufi
- Columbus JCC: For now, online https://columbusjcc.org/onlinemahjong/
- Dayton, OH: We meet Wednesdays at 10:30 (until 4:00) at The Engineers Club in Dayton, Ohio. But please email email@example.com to let her know if you intend to attend because if we don‘t have a foursome (as a minimum) we will not play that week.
- Fairfield, OH: Learn to play or if you already know how to play. All levels. Contact Glenda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Franklin, OH: https://services.akronlibrary.org/events?r=thismonth&a=Adults
- Pepper Pike, OH: https://ksascenter.com/cards-and-games/ Confirm before attending.
- Salem, OH: Canfield https://www.salemnews.net/news/neighborhood-news/2019/08/on-the-calendar-this-week-320/ Confirm before attending.
- Tipp City, Ohio: https://tippcitylibrary.org/2019/06/20/mahjong/Confirm before attending.
- Youngstown and Mahoning, Ohio: Canfield Library: Practice your new skill to rattle the tiles from 1-3 p.m. on Sept. 3, 9, 16, 23 and 30 at the Canfield Library and join the fun. Bring your own Mah-Jongg set or share with a friend. (Mah-Jongg sets not provided). This event is for adults. Confirm before attending. http://evanced.libraryvisit.
org/evanced/lib/eventsignup.(This link is pre-covid, we will update ASAP) asp?ID=39756
- Oklahoma City, OK: https://healthylivingokc.com/scheduling/mahjong/ Confirm before attending.
- Facebook group for NMJL Players in Oklahoma: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4790275767653613
- Tulsa, OK:
- Confirm before attending.
- NMJL: https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-JKbiMWpU/events/vvznkqyzjbzb/Confirm before attending.
- Ashland, OR: Thursdays, 12:30 - 3:30 pm Ashland Senior Center, 1699 Homes Avenue, 541-488-5342. Confirm before attending.
- Astoria and Warrenton, OR: Mahjong for Experienced Players — 1 p.m., on Tuesday and 1:15 on Wednesdays at the Astoria Senior Center, 1111 Exchange St. For more current information, call before attending 503-325-3231. https://www.dailyastorian.com/life/community/community-notes-may/article_f0fa271c-7764-11e9-818b-37b19255d819.htmlConfirm before attending.
- Beaverton, OR: Beaverton Mahj Group, Fred Meyer store, https://www.fredmeyer.com/stores/details/701/00482 email@example.com Confirm before attending.
- Beaverton, OR: http://www.thprd.org/facilities/recreation/elsie-stuhr-center, Elsie Stuhr Center, Tony Rizzutto 503-810-1248, firstname.lastname@example.org Confirm before attending.
- Gresham, OR: https://multcolib.org/library-location/gresham-story-room Gresham Public Library 503-988-5387, Brigitte Luu, 503-665-5040. Confirm before attending.
- Happy Valley, OR: https://www.happyvalleyor.gov/services/happy-valley-library/adult-programs/ Happy Valley Library (Sunnyside) 503-783-3456, 503-454-0346 email@example.com. Check Library schedule for classes. Confirm before attending.
- Keizer, OR: https://ksascenter.com/cards-and-games/ Confirm before attending.
- Lake Oswego, OR: https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/acc Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, multiple days and times of games. Confirm before attending.
- Milwaukie, OR: Milwaukie Center https://ncprd.com/milwaukie-center, firstname.lastname@example.org, Confirm before attending.
- Portland, OR: Portland Mahjong Meetup (for both Chinese style and Riichi). We play every other Thursday afternoon and every other Tuesday evening in person. Our events on Meetup are here: https://www.meetup.com/Portland-Mah-Jong-Meetup
- Portland, OR: Mahj Mavens, Thien Hong Restaurant. Can come for dinner and game or just game. RSVP encouraged. Please confirm date and times before attending. 503-636-9835, email@example.com Confirm before attending.
- Portland, OR: Mittleman Jewish Community Center, https://www.oregonjcc.org/ Several different days and times, Experience preferred, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-720-9460 email@example.com, 503-977-7866, firstname.lastname@example.org Classes starting: https://www.oregonjcc.org/arts-culture/upcoming-events
- Sherwood, OR: https://www.sherwoodoregon.gov/community/page/marjorie-stewart-community-center Confirm before attending.
- Tigard, OR: Tigard Senior Center, http://tigardseniorcenter.org/ Onehotchick45@gmail.com Confirm before attending.
- Tualatin, OR: Juanita Pohl Center, https://www.tualatinoregon.gov/ Tony Rizzutto 503-810-1248, email@example.com Confirm before attending.
- West Linn, OR: https://westlinnoregon.gov/parksrec/adult-community-center-0 West Linn Adult Community Center 503-557-4704, 503-636-0181 Confirm before attending.
Abiington, PA: Contact the meetup director for more information and to see if they have resumed meetups. https://www.meetup.com/abington-old-york-road-temple-beth-am/
Altoona, PA: Canasta and Mah Jongg Mondays — Every Monday at the Hollidaysburg library at 11 a.m. to play Canasta and Mah Jongg. Beginners are welcome. Call Harriett at 814-693-9292 with questions. Confirm before attending.
- Aston, PA: People can learn to play the American version of Mah Jongg on Wednesdays at 6 p.m. at the Library. Game pieces are provided https://astonlibrary.org/about Confirm before attending.
- Bedford, PA: Bedford Senior Center activities include mah-jongg, Mondays and Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. Please conirm before attending.
- Berwyn, PA.- Easttown Library Monday’s 1-3 p.m. Confirm before attending. 720 1st Avenue, Berwyn, PA 19312 +1 (610) 644-0138
- Buck Hill Falls, PA: https://buckhillfalls.com/amenities/leisure/ Confirm before attending.
- Central Chester County, PA: http://www.newcomerscenchesco.org/interest_groups/mah_jonggConfirm before attending.
- Chester Springs, PA, Introduction to Mahjong https://ccls.libcal.com/event/8309583
- Cranberry Township, PA: Mahjong on Mondays and Fridays at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA! https://rose.bcfymca.org/ Confirm before attending!
- Danville, PA Thomas Beaver Free Library. Visit www.tbflibrary.org for the updated schedule. Mahjong on Mondays. Confirm before attending.
- Delaware County: Delaware County Libraries https://delcolibraries.libcal.com/event/5457580 Confirm before attending.
- Downington, PA: http://www.newcomerswc.com/activities.html Confirm before attending.
- East Stroudsburg, PA: 1 to 4 p.m., Loder Building, Second Floor, East Stroudsburg. No money involved. Must have a current Mah Jongg card and some experience. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirm before attending.
- Gettysburg, PA: New members are invited to join a group of Mah Jongg players who meet Mondays at 12 p.m. at the YWCA on Fairfield Road. Experienced and/or novice players are welcome.
- Hollidaysburg Area, PA At the Holliday Public Library "Canasta and Mah Jongg Mondays — Every Monday in July, meet at the library at 11 a.m. to play Canasta and Mah Jongg. Beginners are welcome. Call Harriett at 814-693-9292 with questions.
- Laurelton, PA: Mah Jongg, 1-3 p.m. at the West End Library. Mah Jongg is a game of skill, strategy, and calculation and involves a degree of chance. No experience is needed. An instructor is on hand to teach newcomers this tile-based game. Register to attend by calling 570-922-4773, visiting the library, or register online.
Lewisburg, PA: Mah Jongg Club meets 1-3:30 p.m. at The Public Library for Union County. Anyone interested in playing the American version of the ancient Chinese tile game are welcome to socialize and play. Register to attend by calling 570-523-1172, visit the library, or register online. Confirm before attending. https://www.visitcentralpa.org/events/demonstrations-lectures-workshops/adult-and-teen-programming-at-your-union-county-public-libraries
- Martinsburg, PA: At the Martinsburg Community Library, a group plays Mahjong on Tuesdays at 2 p.m., except the second Tuesday of the month, when Pinochle is played. The library is now setting aside the second Tuesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. as Game Day. Everyone is invited to come and bring their favorite board or card game. Attendees will have fun playing games for an afternoon. Confirm before attending.
- Mechanicsburg, PA: www.cumberlandcountylibraries.org/SIM_Mah_Jongg_02JUN22
- Mt. Gretna, PA: https://www.pachautauqua.info/info.php?pnum=37 Mah Jongg on the Porch 1:00 PM, Hall of Philosophy, Join us for a relaxing afternoon. All levels of play are welcome. Questions call 717-964-2299. Confirm before attending.
- Pen Argyl, PA: Shared by Teresa: I moved to the area just before the pandemic. I didn’t know anyone. So I went to a ladies game night the church I was attending and took my mahjong set. I taught them all how to play. The group started with 3, within a year it is now up to 14! We meet on Fridays at 1 p.m. Depending on how many are planning to come determines where we meet. We take turns in our homes or if more than 12 are coming we meet in the chapel at our church. Obviously we do not play for money. We have outings once a month, on Tuesdays. We go out to lunch mostly or visit historical sites or shopping. We share joys, birthdays & help each other through burdens. It has been a wonderful way for me to get to know people. Contact email@example.com
- Pennsylvania Jewish Community Center, Drop In Games, Register here: https://pjcc.force.com/s/registration Confirm before attending.
- Perry County, PA: The library, on E. McClure Street, also is offering a four-week course in mah-jongg, taught by a qualified teacher, starting March 15, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. For information, readers may call 717-582-7426.
- Warren, PA: Wednesdays from 1 to 3 p.m. Confirm before attending. http://www.alleghenycommunitycenter.com/events-activities/
- Union County Libraries, PA: https://unioncountylibraries.libcal.com/
The Public Library, Union County: Anyone interested in playing the American version of the ancient Chinese tile game are welcome to socialize and play. Register to attend by calling 570-523-1172, visiting the library or registering online. Tuesday, March 15, 2022, The Public Library for Union County. 1 to 3:30 p.m. Confirm before attending
West End Library, Mah Jongg is a game of skill, strategy, and calculation and involves a degree of chance. No experience is needed. An instructor is on hand to teach newcomers this tile-based game. Register to attend by calling 570-922-4773, visiting the library or registering online. Confirm before attending.
- Indiana, PA: American Mahjong and Chinese Mahjong. https://www.indianagazette.com/news/senior-centers-set-weekly-schedule/article_102d3500-6bc8-5531-8d59-53a63ca8e7fd.html Confirm before attending.
- Lancaster County, PA: Great article https://lancasteronline.com/features/trending/in-lancaster-county-mahjong-is-a-popular-tile-game-of/article_9d735af4-9318-11e8-81a6-03f2066c29ae.html
- From the article, local mahjong games include (This information was published in 2018, days, times, locations and fees may have changed Confirm):
11:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mondays at Uncommon Pizza, 616 Paxton Place, No. 104, between Lancaster and Lititz. Confirm before attending.
9:30 to noon Thursdays at Stauffer Mansion in Stauffer Park, 1241 Lititz Pike. Fee to play is $3. Call 717-290-7180, extension 3100, for information. Confirm before attending.
9:30 a.m. to noon the third Tuesday of the month at the General Sutter Inn, 14 E. Main St., Lititz. Confirm before attending · A group of local mahjong players is looking for a place to hold a new regular game in downtown Lancaster. Confirm before attending.
LEARN MAHJONG Local classes: Local Classes in Berwyn, PA - Contact instructor Natalie Innella, for latest class dates, times etc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or PM on FB pag Get your Mahj-on. ·Classes are held twice a year through the Manheim Township recreation department. The fall dates for the class have not yet been scheduled; call 717-290-7180, extension 3100, or visit http://www.manheimtownship.org/253/Recreation-and-Park-Planningfor information. Confirm before attending.
A $40, five-part afternoon mahjong class was held in the spring through Millersville University’s MILLI adult-learning program the Ware Center in Lancaster. Visit https://www.millersville.edu/admissions/graduate/programs/noncreditprograms/adult-learning-series.phpto check when the next class might be scheduled. Confirm before attending.
Media, PA: www.facebook.com/groups/
MahjonggPlaySEPACall Sue Pritchard 610-420-1347 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Newton, PA: https://www.bucks.edu/enrichment/secondact/ Confirm before attending.
- Philadelphia, PA:
- Newcomers Club: https://mainlinenewcomers.org/event-3367590 Confirm before attending.
- Cosmopolitan Club https://www.cosclub.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=140776&module_id=330017 Confirm before attending.
- The Center on the Hill, lessons and drop in, http://www.chestnuthillpres.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/COTH-FALL-2019-Newsletter.pdf Confirm before attending.
- Pittsburgh, PA:Great resources for mahjong players and those that want to learn: https://pittsburghmahjong.comand to find groups to play https://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Mah-Jongg/
- Mahjong has been cancelled for September at the Cooper-Siegel Library in Fox Chapel because of COVID. They plan to offer Mahj again, maybe in January.
- Lower Providence, PA Meets at Lower Providence library every Tuesday from 12 - 3 p.m. to play American and Siamese mahjong.
- Southhampton, PA Come Play Mah Jongg!, Mondays, Dec. 2nd – 30th at 1:00 PM - Whether you are a seasoned player or a beginner, come join us for Mah Jongg! Beginners are welcome to play or observe. Bring Mah Jongg set and card if you have them. Registration required. For players with no knowledge of Mah Jongg, lessons can be given by appointment if time is not available during program. (Let library know if you would like to schedule a lesson). Register on our online calendar at www.southamptonfreelibrary.org or calling the library at (215) 322-1415.
- Strafford, PA Tredyffrin Public Library https://www.tredyffrinlibraries.org/programs-events/adult-programs/ongoing/ Confirm before attending. Currently not in person events but may resume when in person activities resume.
- Union County, PA Library System Classes and Club, https://unioncountylibraries.libcal.com/ Please confirm and register if needed before attending.
- Fort Washington, PA: https://orhadash.com/mahjong. Confirm before attending.
- West Chester, PA: Article from this was from 2018, but if contacted, maybe they have current information if they are continuing the program https://www.ymcagbw.org/.../creating-community-seniors...
- West Chester, PA: http://www.newcomerswc.com/activities.html? Confirm before attending.
- Wyomissing, PA: http://www.wyopublib.org/adults_mahjongg.shtml Confirm before attending.
Rhode Island (RI)
- Great article on mahjong in the area: https://patch.com/rhode-island/bristol-warren/local-mahjongg-enthusiasts-play-in-bristol-tiverton
- Block Island, Prior to Covid. For some time, games were held outdoors at the library, Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. It is not yet on their website. Contact the library to confirm before attending. Link is not loading yet.
- Town of South Kingston, RI games were held pre-Covid. Confirm before attending.
- The University of Rhode Island, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute has had mah jongg during prior years. Contact information on https://web.uri.edu/olli/sig/mah-jongg/
South Carolina (SC)
- Charleston, SC: https://web.musc.edu/resources/womens-club/clubs/mahjongg Mahjongg Club meets every fourth Thursday of the month at 1:30 p.m. Contact Mahjongg Club Chair Pam Carroll for information on how to join.Confirm before attending.
- Charleston, SC:
We play every Tuesday at 6:30pm at Shadowmoss Golf and Country Club 21 Dunvegan Dr, Charleston, SC 29414. We play at the Pavilion (which is up by the pool) unless too buggy (bring bug spray if you want) or too cold then we play in the bar/restaurant next to the golf pro shop. They are both in the same area. They don’t need to live in Shadowmoss to play. They should bring their card and if they want they can bring a set. We form groups as people come. Any skill level welcome. We will even teach the game. You don’t have to commit to every Tuesday. Any questions you can call/text Elaine Fischer 516-528-6984. Do not call Shadowmoss as this is not sponsored through them and they will not have any information.
- Greenville, SC Weekly game each Monday from 12:30-3:30pm. NMJL rules only, no table rules. No cost to play. You can sign up through the https://www.meetup.com/
Board-Game-Society-of-Please contact me if you have any questions; Debelli61@yahoo.com Greenville/events/
- Hilton Head, SC: We see in our search that some communities host games. Please check to see if membership is required or rsvp in advance is needed.
- Hilton Head, SC: https://www.suncityhiltonhead.org/Page/46134~968739/Cards-Games We are not sure of membership requirements. Please contact for more information.
- Hilton Head, SC: https://hiltonheadseniorcenter.org/activities Advance registration is required, information in link.
- Hilton Head, SC: https://bethyam.org/ Membership may be required. Please click on link and contact for information.
- Isle of Palm, SC: https://www.iop.net/senior-programs Confirm before attending.
- Lexington, SC: https://lexcolibrary.com/.../game-on-mahjong/var/ri-4.l-L1 Please confirm before attending to make sure it is open and running!
- Mauldin, SC: https://www.meetup.com/Southern-Mah-Jongg/ Confirm before attending.
- Mt. Pleasant, SC: Mah Jongg at the Library Details on https://www.ccpl.org/events/american-mah-jongg-0 Confirm before attending.
- Myrtle Beach at the Horry County Memorial Library - Socastee Branch and the Horry County Memorial Library (Surfside Beach Library).
- Also, check out the local community centers. Many had mah jongg but it doesn't appear that they have resumed. https://horry.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/default/?rm=EVENTS+CALENDAR1%7C%7C%7C1%7C%7C%7C0%7C%7C%7Ctrue&dt=list#
Rock Hill, SC, this public group is affiliated with our local senior citizens group. Newcomers always welcome and I will teach beginners. We meet every Friday and play begins at one o'clock. We play at one of the park centers. Interested people may contact by email Bookworm2104@yahoo.com or cell (716) 450 8648.
We have a lot of fun. We do not play for money, it is strictly a social atmosphere. Confirm before attending.
- Sullivan Island, SC: Edgar Allan Poe Branch https://www.ccpl.org/events/mah-jongg-nights-adults-1
- Surfside Beach, SC: https://wect.eviesays.com/?/event/9614946/61520683/surf-mahjongg-club Confirm before attending.
South Dakota (SD)
- Sioux Falls, SD:Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church. Want to learn to play mah jongg? Want to play mahjong? Visit https://oslchurch.com/?fbclid=IwAR2OciTtkMCRCtmC1qWupnJwtNp-US64EHJNdNUySmrwvsnsYxFgkh9W7fUContact Deb for more information at 336-2942 ext 48 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirm before attending.
- Vermillion Chamber, SD: http://vermillionchamber.chambermaster.com/.../mahjong-07...Confirm before attending.
- Brentwood, TN: Nashville, TN: The Brentwood Mah Jongg Club will meet at 12:30 pm. All Mah Jongg players are welcome to attend. Bring a set if you have one. No registration is required. https://brentwood-tn.libcal.com/event/9325628
- Crossville, TN: https://www.crossville-chronicle.com/news/lifestyles/fair-park-senior-center-reopens/article_9491a5a2-e3ed-11eb-88c8-fb963fd5c1f8.html Mah Jongg mentioned! Confirm before attending. https://www.crossville-chronicle.com/news/lifestyles/silver-sneakers-returns-to-fair-park/article_e32526ce-a9f6-11ec-87f6-33ead84b5613.html
- Jonesborough, TN: https://www.heraldandtribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/RV5786.pdf Confirm before attending.
Johnson City, TN, 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm, Wednesday, March 16, 2022 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Wednesday, March 23, 2022 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Wednesday, March 30, 2022 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Wednesday, April 06, 2022 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Memorial Park Community Center Bert Street, Confirm before attending.
- Loudon, TN: https://www.news-herald.net/entertainment/calendar/community-calendar-july-14/article_7f8428d2-7254-5899-9c3a-80ad20b1f0c6.html Mah Jongg at Tellico Village. Confirm before attending.
- Morristown, TN: The Senior Center, https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Public---Government-Service/Senior-Citizens-Center-155725214466831/Confirm before attending.
- Nashville, TN: https://www.nashvillejcc.org/adults/classes-groups/#mah Confirm before attending. At the Gordon JCC: Join us every Wednesday in the senior lounge from1-4pm for a game! Instructor extraordinaire Michelle Tishler will be there to assist if anyone needs help. Five-game cards are available at the front desk. They are free for members and $20 for non-members. Registration required via Setmore. Games are ongoing and will take place on Wednesday each week! Reserve your spots here https://bit.ly/3FizLA6 today!
- Bobbi Spater Lipschutz Email email@example.com for more information about lessons.
- Soddy Daisy, TN: As a Mahjong group we play by NMJL rules and are very patient with time and oopses so this may not be your kind of game if you hold play to a specific time frame. We have a standing friendly game in Soddy Daisy, TN, at 11 a.m. every Wednesday at the Soddy Daisy senior center. We are happy to teach.
- Sumner County, TN: https://www.newcomerssumner.org/?s=mah+jongg Confirm before attending.
- Tellico Village, TN: Mah Jongg play takes place 1-4 p.m. the first, third and fifth Wednesday of each month in room D at Chota Recreation Center in Tellico Village. Please wear a name tag. Players can bring a drink. All players must know how to play through the National Mah Jongg League guidelines. For more information, call Carolyn Neely at 865-458-1323. Confirm before attending. This may be outdated - confirm information and check below: Tellico Village, Tennessee: Mah Jongg open play is offered 12:30-3:30 p.m. Wednesdays in room C of Chota Recreation Center in Tellico Village. Please wear your name tag, no food and bring your own drink and game. All players must know how to play through the National Mah Jongg League guidelines. For more information, call Carolyn Neely at 865-458-1323
- Athens, TX: First Presbyterian Church Athens invites those interested in learning to play mahjong. Several women in the church currently play mahjong weekly, and they invite anyone interested to attend a session. Classes will be held at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month in the church fellowship hall, 405 E. Corsicana St. in Athens. For more information, contact Pam Douglas at (903) 681-4459. Confirm before attending.
- Austin, TX: Newcomers club https://austinnewcomers.com/news-events/events/#myaccount Confirm before attending.
- Austin, TX: JCC https://shalomaustin.org/adultclasses Confirm before attending.
- Bell County Newcomers Club, TX: http://www.bellcountynewcomers.com/mahjongg.html
- Boerne, TX: Hill Country Newcomers Club https://www.hillcountrynewcomers.com/contactmap.htmlConfirm before attending.
- Dallas, TX:
- Great article on mahjong in Dallas http://dallas.culturemap.com/
news/city-life/07-03-17-mah-Yes, they still play in the location in the article at Half Price Books. Confirm before attending. jongg-stacy-breen/
- DFW area at the Garland VFW, 9179 Garland Road Monday and Wednesday 12 to 3 p.m., Enter in the back of the building. All are welcome. Vaccinations required.
- Dallas (North Dallas), TX: Facebook group for all types of mahjong https://www.facebook.com/groups/northdallasmahjong
- Dallas, TX: https://www.facebook.com/DFWMahjong/ Facebook group focused on RIichi mahjong.
- Dallas Public Library https://dallaslibrary.
librarymarket.com/events/mah-Renner-Franford Library. Confirm before attending. jongg-441
Dallas Public Library https://dallaslibrary.
librarymarket.com/?keywords=Lakewood Branch. Confirm before attending. mah%20jongg&submit=Apply&form_ build_id=form-AuXIvp0vDLx7gRT_ bbeQ6GpaMic9ldpHMz05xA3xzgg& form_id=lc_calendar_upcoming_ form
- Dallas Public Library, White Rock Hills https://dallaslibrary.librarymarket.com/event/american-mahjong
- Dripping Springs, TX: https://www.dscl.org/adults/adult-programs/mah-jongg Accomplished players and interested participants alike are invited to rattle the tiles and join the fun each Wednesday from 1 – 4 PM in the Library Meeting Room. Schedule changes in the Summer months of June, July and August. Library volunteers Kim, Pat, Jody, Jane and Arlyle will introduce you to other players and get you started. Bring a current Mah-Jongg card and your set if you have one. Want to be included in the fun? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive email reminders each month! Confirm before attending.
- Galveston, TX: Mah Jongg players are invited to play with fellow players from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays at Café in the Park at Moody Gardens, 7 Hope Blvd. in Galveston. All players are welcome. For information, email email@example.com or call 919-294-6703.
- Galveston, TX: Mah Jongg players are invited to play with fellow players at 9 a.m. Tuesdays in the parlor of Moody Methodist Church, 2803 53rd St. in Galveston. All players are welcome. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-294-6703.
- Hill Country, TX: https://www.hillcountrynewcomers.com/mah-jongg.html Confirm before attending.
- Houston (Southwest area) Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Southwest-Houston-Mah-Jongg/ See website on how to join.
- Lakeway, TX: https://www.lakeway-tx.gov/169/Clubs Confirm before attending.
- Longview, TX:Thursday, June 20th.Trinity United Methodist Church, 3470 Gilmer Road, Longview. Play or learn to play. Information: (903) 297-4543, leave a message. https://www.news-journal.com/features/datebook-thursday-june/article_585eb0bc-7b4d-11e9-8d9d-3f09db0251db.html Confirm before attending.
- New Braunfels, TX: https://www.fumcnb.org/event/mahjong/ Confirm before attending.
- Paris, TX: http://theparisnews.com/free/article_7ecc9ed8-7f5f-11e9-9011-ef7566ef5190.html Confirm with PrimeTime before attending.
- Plano, TX: https://newcomerfriends.org/MAH-JONGG-MONDAY-AND-MAH-JONGG-WEDNESDAYConfirm before attending.
- Port Neches, TX: Come play a game of Mah Jongg! Mah Jongg is a traditional Chinese tile game. If you would like to participate, but need lessons, please contact Chelsea. Details on https://www.ptn.lib.tx.us/calendar.php. Confirm before attending.
Roanoke, TX: Roanoke Senior Center; 312 S. Walnut Street; Roanoke, TX 76262; Phone: 817.491.6060. Seniors 55plus. We play American Mah Jongg. Free instructions on Wednesday from 12:30-1PM. Open play from 1-3PM on Wednesday. Both new and experienced players are welcome. Please bring your 2023 National Mah Jongg League Official Standard Hand and Rules card.
- Round Rock, TX: https://roundrockrecreation.com/programs/50-adults/card-games/ Confirm before attending.
- Saginaw, TX: Saginaw Senior Center; 633 W. McLeroy Blvd; Saginaw, TX 76179; Phone: (817) 230-0459. Senior Community 55+, Membership for non-residents $20 yearly. We play American Mah Jongg. Free instructions and open play on Tuesday from 1 to 3 pm and Friday from 9 am to 12 pm. Both new & experienced players are welcome. Please bring your 2023 National Mah Jongg League Official Hands and Rules card.
- San Antonio, TX: https://newcomersofsanantonio.org/page-18093 Confirm before attending.
- San Antionio, TX: https://www.jccsanantonio.org/adultactivities/
- Sequin, TX: http://www.silvercenterseguin.com/Event-Calendar.html Contact for updated information 830-303-6612 Confirm before attending.
- South Padre Island, TX: https://www.myspi.org/department/division.php?structureid=222 Confirm before attending.
- Tyler/Whitehouse, TX: https://www.tasca.org/current-schedule-events?fbclid=IwAR3L6OuItuu3RgWZoAyzrq2_yPWgYFKO_3WLvkT-ezQilRBlb_QsAN3cQAo Confirm before attending.
- Park City, UT: https://parkcitynewcomers.org/mah-jongg/ Please confirm before attending. It may not currently be open at this time.
- Arlington County, VA: Mah Jongg depends on strategy and calculation and is surprisingly addictive. Beginners will master the basic principles easily and are soon devoted to honing skills with greater practice and enjoyment. There are two versions, American and Chinese, with several key differences: American style is played with tile racks, more tiles than the Chinese variations and additional jokers. American mah jongg also employs the Charleston tile exchange and standard hand and rules score cards from the National Mah Jongg League. American Style • Mondays 12-4 p.m. Arlington Mill Drop-In • Tuesdays 1:30-3:30 p.m. Madison Drop-In • Thursdays 12-4 p.m. Arlington Mill Drop-In • Saturdays 12-3:45 p.m. Arlington Mill Drop-In Chinese Style • Thursdays 9:30-11:30 Confirm before attending. https://www.arlingtonva.us/files/sharedassets/public/parks-amp-recreation/documents/55winter-2021-22-55guide-v3.pdf
- Arlington, VA: The Sparrow Room, 1201 South Joyce St, Arlington, VA 22202, Located at Pentagon Row inside Bun’d Up. A mahjong parlor offering handcrafted cocktails and dim sum classics. Book a mahjong table or mahjong classes. Details on sparrowroom.com
- Central Virginia VA: https://www.ymcacva.org/programs/by-age/adult.html Confirm before attending.
- Charlotesville, VA: https://thecentercville.org/calendar/event/63/press-room-the-center-at-belvedere Confirm before attending.
- Chesterfield, VA: Contact to find out. more information about style of play. https://www.chesterfield.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2371/Older-Adult-Program-Newsletter-PDF?bidId= Confirm before attending.
- Colonial Beach, VA: https://librarypoint.bibliocommons.com/v2/events?q=mahjong
- Falls Church, VA: https://www.templerodefshalom.org/drop-in-mah-jongg/#.XQ2a9dNKjOQConfirm before attending.
- Front Royal, VA Mah Jongg "Players Club" Ongoing Tuesdays, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, Warren County Health & Human Services Complex Band Room, 465 W 15th St, Front Royal, VA 22630, 18 and over, $8 pre-registration monthly, $3 drop in per day. All participants must bring their own league card.
- Loudoun County, VA: Mah Jongg was in prior calendars. We need to update once 2022 is available. Please confirm current schedule before attending. https://www.loudoun.gov/DocumentCenter/View/165227/2021-Summer-Activity-Guide?bidId=
- Loudon, VA: Private Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1306607286105628
- Northern, VA: Tuesdays and Wednesdays (ongoing), 10 a.m. – noon. Drop-in for a friendly game of mahj and conversation in the lobby of the J. Bring your friends! Contact the Adult Services Department for more information. https://www.jccnv.org/adult-services/recreational-activities/Confirm before attending.
- Reston, VA: Women’s Club of Greater Reston, http://wcgr.org/aboutConfirm before attending.
- Warren Parks, Front Royal, VA: Mah Jongg: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Tuesdays in February at County Health and Human Services Complex, 465 W. 15th St., $8 per month prepaid or $3 for drop-ins, must have own league card. Information: Deb Jones, 540-252-4252 Confirm before attending.
- Bennington, VT: Interesting article https://www.benningtonbanner.com/stories/for-the-love-of-mah-jongg,537373
- Essex Junction, VT: http://www.essexvtseniors.org/ Confirm before attending.
Fairfax, Vermont: They will be hosting a small workshop class for introductions to Mahjong with hopes to make a regular weekly game night- depending on the turn out. Here's the information from the Fairfax Community Center:Have you registered for Mahjong Class yet?! Only 12 spaces available. A great way to try something new, practice something old, or meet new people over a common hobby. Check it out Saturday April 23 from 8:00-11:00am. If there's a good turnout, we could potentially host a regular Mahjong game night! Pre-register, bring a snack to share, and enjoy some coffee with new friends! Free to attend. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/288567692737
MANCHESTER CENTER — Manchester Community Library will offer a six-week session of beginner Mah-Jongg lessons on the following Fridays: November 8, 15 and 22; and December 6, 13, and 20, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Space is limited to eight participants. The lessons are taught by Lynn Kaplan and are free and open to library members. Each student needs to purchase a National Mah Jongg League Rules Card at www.nationalmahjonggleague.org. Participants need to commit to all six classes and need to stay for the duration of each lesson. Pre-register by calling Lynn at 954-253-0547 or email her at email@example.com. Please confirm before attending.
Mah Jongg at the Deborah Rawson Memorial Library in Jericho, VT (8 River Rd, Jericho, VT 05465) every 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 6:30-8:30pm unless otherwise stated on our website. For October we are meeting October 12th and 26th. All are welcome regardless of experience level. Deborah Rawson Memorial Library 8 River Rd, Jericho, VT 05465 (802) 899-4962 www.drml.org confirm in advance if you are attending by email to program_assistantATdrml.org
- Montpelier, VT: https://bethjacobvt.org/engage/gatherings/mahjongConfirm before attending
- Woodstock, VT: Thompson Senior Center, https://www.thompsonseniorcenter.org/Contact Gail Stickney by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 457-2581. Confirm before attending.
- Camano Island, WA: Camano Center, https://schedulesplus.com/camano/kiosk/dspevent.do?event_id=60410&detail_id=1232688 Confirm before attending.
- Everett, WA: https://templebethor.org/mah-jongg/Confirm before attending.
- Richmond, WA: https://www.richlandparksandrec.com/about-us/richland-community-center/social-activitiesConfirm before attending.
- https://www.meetup.com/Mah-Jongg-Fever/Confirm before attending.
- https://newcomersclubofgreaterseattle.com/events/mah-johngg-groups/ Confirm before attending.
- https://www.meetup.com/Experienced-Seattle-Area-NMJL-Players/ Confirm before attending.
- Laurelhurst Community Center. Sponsored by Seattle Parks and Rec. NMJL rules. Confirm before attending https://apm.activecommunities.com/seattle/activity_search/american-mahjong-for-beginners-18-and-older/10430?
- Chinese game on Bainbridge at Senior Center near ferry. You must join center for $20. Confirm before attending. https://www.meetup.com/topics/mahjong-club/us/wa/bainbridge_island/events/
- Snoqualmie Valley, Tuesday and Thursday, 1:15 – 3:15 p.m. Snoqualmie Valley YMCA, 35018 SE Ridge Street. Check-in at the front desk. Must have a photo ID. Join this fun, strategic, tile-based game. Sessions are held on a drop-in basis and everyone is welcome regardless of experience. Informal lessons are available.
- Boulder Junction, WI: https://www.boulderjunctionlibrary.org/event/mah-jongg/2019-05-06/ Confirm before attending
- Central Wisconsin: http://www.adrc-cw.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Choices-ADRC-May-2019.pdfMerrill Enrichment Center (MEC): 303 North Sales Street, 715-536-4226 Confirm before attending.
- Eau Claire, WI: https://www.lephillipsseniorcenter.com/programs-and-classes/cards-games/ Confirm before attending.
- Jefferson, WI: Senior Center, 859 Collins Road. To register for programs, call 920-674-7728 or contact Sheila at Sheilaf@jeffersonwis.com. Confirm before attending.
- Lake Mills, WI: Club 55 is reopening. Monday, June 7 10 a.m. — 3 p.m. — 1 p.m. Mah-jongg. Please confirm before attending. https://www.lakemills.k12.wi.us/recreation/calendar-of-events-club55.cfm https://www.hngnews.com/lake_mills_leader/community/article_e8e3843e-6700-5c2e-9b43-044a05dff532.html
- Madison, WI: https://www .meetup.com/Madison-WI-American-Mah-Jongg-Meetup/ Confirm before attending.
- A new board game club started up recently at Meadowridge Library! The Best Years Game club meets on Tuesdays from 1:30-3PM to play classic games like Scrabble, Clue, Mahjong, Monopoly, and more! Snacks and bottled water are provided in partnership with @newbridgemadison.
Milwaukee, WI weekly at Whole Foods located at 2305 Prospect Ave, Milwaukee WI 53211. Every Friday 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- MIlwaukee, Whitefish Bay, WI: https://www.jccmilwaukee.org/programs/community/adult-social-programs/mah-jongg/ Confirm before attending.
- South Milwaukee Public Library, https://www.facebook.com/events/769505643469709/ Confirm before attending.
- Monona, WI: PRE-COVID mah jongg was held every Wednesday from 1 PM to 4 PM in the Municipal Room at the Monona Public Library, 1000 Nichols RD, Monona, WI. Play is sponsored by the Monona Senior Center. http://mymonona.com/calendar.aspx?Keywords=mah%20jongg&startDate=7/10/2019&enddate=10/25/2019&CID=59,51,37,14,33,48,23,52,46,44,24,55,31,25,34,42,36,35,40,47,60,49,54,26,43,30,29,50,39,41,58,28,38,27,57,45,53,32&showPastEvents=false This information has not been updated for July 2021. We have reached out for updates. Please confirm before attending.
- Trempealeau, WI: Great video! https://www.pbs.org/video/wisconsin-life-wisconsins-great-river-road-mahjong-club/ Confirm before attending.
- West Bend, WI: Mah Jongg is one of the many activities offered. https://www.seniorcitizensactivities.org/ Confirm before attending.
- Whitefish Bay, MIlwaukee, WI: https://www.jccmilwaukee.org/programs/community/adult-social-programs/mah-jongg/ Confirm before attending.
- Whitewater, WI: Diane will help you learn Mahjongg or refresh your game on Mondays at 1 p.m. in September. Call if you will be attending. https://www.whitewater-wi.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1104
- Whitewater, WI: Seniors in the Park, Learn mah jongg To learn how to play mah jongg, join a group Mondays at 1 p.m. To reserve a seat, call 262-473-0535
- Wisconsin Rapids, WI: Lowell Center 220 3rd Avenue South, 715-421-1051http://www.adrc-cw.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Choices-ADRC-May-2019.pdf We have reached out for current information and will update shortly. Please confirm before attending.
West Virginia (WV)
- Morgantown, WV: https://morgantownnewcomers.org/groups/mahjong/ Newcomers group. Membership required. Please contact and confirm before attending.
- Cheyenne, WY: http://cheyennechamber.chambermaster.com/events/details/mahjong-with-the-cheyenne-lady-newcomers-friends-06-14-2019-1015706 There are not current events, hopefully it will be updated soon. Confirm before attending.
- Jackson Hole, WY: http://seniorcenterjh.org/activities-social-events/ The center is open but we don't see mah jongg on the calendar at this time. Confirm before attending.
- Calgary, Canada: https://www.flcseniors.ca/activities/mahjong Open to all FLC Seniors Club members. Mah Jong is a challenging ancient Chinese game played with domino like tiles The FLC Seniors Mahjong Club plays every Wednesday afternoon (except Statutory Holidays) at the Trico Centre We play the Japanese style but, if you are familiar with any style of Mahjong, you are welcome to join us as the basic rules for most styles are the same. This is a drop-in activity and limited to 8 tables. Mahjong will resume on September 1,2021. Location: FLC Seniors Lounge - Trico Centre When: Every Wednesday afternoon - 1:00 to 4:00 Training: For new participants will be held in September. This Activity Runs Year Round (except for statutory holidays). Contact & Coordinator: Marge Bathgate at 403-305-4910 Contact by filling out this form (email@example.com) Please Note: You will require a current FLC Club membership to participate. Bring your own beverage. Confirm before attending.
- Maple Ridge, BC At this time, mah jongg was not on the schedule but the link pre-covid had mah jongg information that hopefully will be updated soon. https://rmssseniors.org/join-us/contact-us/ Confirm before attending.
- Thornhill, ON: https://www.prossermanjcc.com They have had mah jongg here. For more information, contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org THIS IS OUTDATED AS OF JULY 2021 but this was an example of prior programming: Mah Jongg Beginners Come learn why Mah Jongg is one of the world’s most popular table games. This course introduces you to Mah Jongg strategies and techniques while helping you build the confidence to play in a group with old or new friends. Supervised Mah Jongg - DROP IN Perfect for those who have taken our beginner Mah Jongg class or are familiar with the basics. Mah Jongg programs: please bring your own Mah Jongg card to the class. You can buy it at Israel's Judaica at 441 Clark Ave.W, Thornhill, ON, L4J 6W7 Wednesdays| Ongoing| 1.00-3.00PM | Drop in $ 5.00 ****NO Supervised Mah Jongg - DROP IN ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2019****
- Thornhill, ON: https://www.harzion.ca/calendar Temple Har Zion has games on their calendar. Confirm before attending.
- Burlington, ON: Monday afternoon to play NMJL (American) style, we play the 2023 NMJL card Our goal is to grow the American version in Burlington Ontario. Exact location in Burlington or surrounding area is flexible at this point. Contact Jamie jamieleemeikle(at)gmail.com
- York Region, Ontario: https://www.yorkregion.com/events/8043689-867799-mahjongg/ This is a past event and there aren't new dates as of the time of this update. Please call to confirm before attending.
- Southhampton, Ontario: https://visitsouthampton.ca/profile/chantry-centre-50/846/ This is a past event and there aren't new dates as of the time of this update. Please call to confirm before attending.
- UBC Mahjong Club https://ubcmahjongclub.wordpress.com/
- Toronto, Canada: Before covid, there were games. The information is removed from the page but hopefully will be updated soon here: https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/children-parenting/seniors-services/seniors-recreation-and-employment/
- Article: https://www.cbc.ca/life/culture/the-beginner-s-guide-to-the-greatest-pastimes-mahjong-1.4739808
See Teacher Directory and contact teachers for information on games.